What's new

Long beach hunt today ended the 2 month gold drought..Gold Rings#10 & 11

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2012
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
3,199
Golden Thread
1
Location
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the oceanfront today and got a bit of an earlier start so I could cover a bit more ground. I ended up being out there for 6 hours and hunted 28 blocks out and 28 blocks back. Of course not even close to straight line distance...lol. No idea how far I went but I did save the hunt on the CTX GPS so I'm curious to see how long, and crazy the track is.

While I was out there I ran into a local pirate and 2 others, "search and recovery" and a gent from Richmond. Not sure how well everyone else did (fingers crossed for 'em) but I was happy with my results! Ended up with an IPhone, some junk earrings, a pearl bracelet, a junk VB mood ring and Gold Rings #10 & 11. #10 is 10K and 4.6 grams, #11 is 14K and 1.4 grams. I was happy with the first one but really fired up after getting two! It had been a 2 month + drought on gold rings. I was away in PA on business and then some family time so I was missing out on the bonanza hunts Max, Denny and the others were having! ( I did however get a cool and what I'm pretty sure is a pewter colonial shoe buckle and some other stuff.....I'll post that and some others pictures from up there tomorrow.

Pretty sure the pearls are real but look like freshwater or "cultured". Did the tooth test and checked em out with the loupe and the look good, the clasp is crap though so that makes me uncertain on them.


Good luck and thanks for looking!

20160711_232111.webp20160711_232057.webp20160711_232102.webp20160712_002455.webp20160712_002510.webp20160712_002527.webpDocBeav 2016 Gold Ring #10.webpDocBeav 2016 Gold Ring #11.webp
 
Upvote 22
rub the pearls across your teeth, if they feel smooth , they are fake. Pearls will feel gritty. I know it may sound like an old myth, but its true.

i Just read the last part of your post......never mind HeeHee
 
Last edited:
Bodacious gold rings - pearls and other finds & "congrats" to you - thanks for posting your pictures and story & wish you many more while out treasure hunting.

Texas ED
 
Congrats on the two gold. Hope more are in your near future.
 
Nice job on the 2 gold rings.
 
Nice gold and pearl finds! Congrats!
 
I say, so THERE is where my other sunglasses went...
buford T. Justice.webp

Congrats on busting the drought, Doc, looking forward to your posts with more bling! Sub 8-)
 
Hello DocBeav,

Congratualtions on the very yellow hunt! You found a very interesting lot of treasure! :occasion14:

Regards,

Doc
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom