dandan Full Member Joined Feb 24, 2006 Messages 196 Reaction score 2 Golden Thread 0 Nov 17, 2010 #1 Found these two at an old farm house in upstate NY the other day. I'm assuming the LIRR on them is for that RR but I cant find any pics or real info about these. I did find out that the LIRR is the oldest still operating RR in the country! Attachments DSCN1144.webp 27.8 KB · Views: 210 DSCN1145.webp 24.2 KB · Views: 215
Found these two at an old farm house in upstate NY the other day. I'm assuming the LIRR on them is for that RR but I cant find any pics or real info about these. I did find out that the LIRR is the oldest still operating RR in the country!
creskol Gold Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 13,882 Reaction score 23,351 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 2 Primary Interest: Other Nov 17, 2010 #2 1884-1892 considered to be a transit button rather than a RR button Upvote 0
dandan Full Member Joined Feb 24, 2006 Messages 196 Reaction score 2 Golden Thread 0 Nov 18, 2010 Thread Owner #3 Thanks Creskol! I don't know how you folks do it! Upvote 0
IronSpike Silver Member Joined Feb 24, 2009 Messages 3,142 Reaction score 61 Golden Thread 0 Location NC Detector(s) used Whites XLT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 1, 2010 #4 Nice buttons and good ID Green check Here's a good link on LIRR buttons: http://www.trainsarefun.com/lirrphotos/LIRR Button Evolution.htm c. 1880 – 1900 Gold: Conductor Silver: All other positions Worn in a double-breasted pattern of 4 & 4 on the blue, frock-style uni- form coat. 2 smaller buttons on sleeves, small buttons on vest and sides of cap. Attachments Button-LIRR-1880-1910-1.webp 37.2 KB · Views: 155 Upvote 0
Nice buttons and good ID Green check Here's a good link on LIRR buttons: http://www.trainsarefun.com/lirrphotos/LIRR Button Evolution.htm c. 1880 – 1900 Gold: Conductor Silver: All other positions Worn in a double-breasted pattern of 4 & 4 on the blue, frock-style uni- form coat. 2 smaller buttons on sleeves, small buttons on vest and sides of cap.