VERMONTPACKRAT
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Aug 6, 2007
- Messages
- 2,243
- Reaction score
- 391
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Topsham, Vermont
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
*UPDATE, RESTORED BUTTON* LONG LIVE THE PRESIDENT!! G.W. INAUGURAL BUTTON!!
This morning I returned to the field that I think I will call the "CHURCH FIELD". The last two visits were great with a 1787 Conn. Copper, KG II Copper, 1780 1 Reale, 2 really nice Dandy buttons and several other keepers. With this luck I thought that I would bring along my camera. I am glad I did! I LOVE getting field shots of good finds
I will let the pictures talk and I will post again later. I am still kinda' excited and I have not cleaned up the other finds yet. Bullets, buttons, 1832 Large Cent, clock winding key, etc. I will post more pictures when I get the stuff cleaned up.
Check back later, VPR
UPDATE.......
Not too long after finding the button I sent it to Leonard Short for straightening and restoration. The button arrived today and as you will see in the pictures, Leonard has the magic touch! I never dreamed that the button would come out this good. He also added the shank on the back.
I will be using his services again in the future and I will recomend him to anyone that asks! You wont be disapointed with his work!
Thank You IRON PATCH for giving me his name
This morning I returned to the field that I think I will call the "CHURCH FIELD". The last two visits were great with a 1787 Conn. Copper, KG II Copper, 1780 1 Reale, 2 really nice Dandy buttons and several other keepers. With this luck I thought that I would bring along my camera. I am glad I did! I LOVE getting field shots of good finds
I will let the pictures talk and I will post again later. I am still kinda' excited and I have not cleaned up the other finds yet. Bullets, buttons, 1832 Large Cent, clock winding key, etc. I will post more pictures when I get the stuff cleaned up. Check back later, VPR
UPDATE.......
Not too long after finding the button I sent it to Leonard Short for straightening and restoration. The button arrived today and as you will see in the pictures, Leonard has the magic touch! I never dreamed that the button would come out this good. He also added the shank on the back.
I will be using his services again in the future and I will recomend him to anyone that asks! You wont be disapointed with his work!
Thank You IRON PATCH for giving me his name

Attachments
-
011_1_3.webp97.8 KB · Views: 339 -
013_1_3.webp119.8 KB · Views: 297 -
014_1_1.webp50 KB · Views: 291 -
016_1_2.webp53.3 KB · Views: 300 -
019_1_2.webp105.3 KB · Views: 339 -
033_1_2.webp60 KB · Views: 307 -
031_1_2.webp75.9 KB · Views: 318 -
013_1_5.webp35.6 KB · Views: 187 -
014_1_2.webp42.4 KB · Views: 200 -
015_1_5.webp37.6 KB · Views: 187 -
017_1_4.webp36.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Upvote
28
I'm sure they were not that easy to bend and probably could not have been done by hand. Maybe someone didn't agree with GW's policies once he took office, bent it in half, and tossed it.
There are any number of ways that this button could have got bent, we will never know. This is one of those times where you wish a relic could talk. Imagine the story it could tell!





...apart from the detector...






