LOOK AT ALL THE BOTTLES......

R

Rich

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 788
Upvote 0
Ya got to think there's more than bottles down there. That's a site that will require a little patience and a good a pair of gloves.

Good luck.

Are those cellers like root cellers?? Or are they old outhouse spots? I found what I thought was an old celler, but turned out to be an old outhouse hole. My 86 year old neighbor told me they used to throw all their old bottles in the outhouse hole, when the hole got full of stuff they would move the outhouse and cover the hole. That way they would discard their bottles and cans in the outhouse and then burn the rest of the trash?? Just curious, Rita

Well hopefully you'll be able to find some intact, old, and valuable bottles and jars in there! Reguardless, when digging or MDing...WEAR GLOVES!! like I have to tell you that! :P

Love them bottles. Will await your photos of some of them up close and personal. You are hitting fantastic cellar holes, Upstate. Me likey lots. :D

To bad you couldn't recycle those bottles and make a few bucks!!!

Some one sure used plenty of medicines or just simple drank to much!!

Nice pic! HH

Love those old bottle dumps! You can really find alot of neat stuff by sifting through it all. Just take your time and remove layers. You will probally start hitting old stoneware and crocks just a little ways down. Good Luck !

Yee ha you found a great spot. As a fellow bottle digger and bottle painter it would be heaven to find that spot. Dig it up if you can and collect the bottles. I would imagine that area must be great detecting. Look for the outbuildings and the original farmers fields. They lost lots of coins and buttons in the fields as they plowed and planted. That's where you may want to hunt after searching out the foundation area. Good luck and keep us posted.

nice spot ive found about 5 of them within a block from my house, along with 3 wells and 4 footprints, one was an old train depot.. heres hoping the wife gets me a detector for christmas ... lol if not ill be looking for one..

Don't be proud...have her buy you a shovel first.

Wow, you're gonna be busy! Very neat...

And, duh to me...you just made me think.
At the site I detect, there's an area where I was diggin up alot of shell casings...so, I walked over to the area they had been shooting towards and saw a bunch of old junk. It was a dump for the old farm. I never thought to look there for bottles, just knew it'd be too hard to use the detector cause there were too many old farm parts, old cans, metal junk and you name it (mostly rusty). Never thought about bottles though :o what a dope eh! (don't answer that...lol) I guess I just had clad and gold on the brain ;D

digdug_rita said:
Are those cellers like root cellers?? Or are they old outhouse spots? I found what I thought was an old celler, but turned out to be an old outhouse hole. My 86 year old neighbor told me they used to throw all their old bottles in the outhouse hole, when the hole got full of stuff they would move the outhouse and cover the hole. That way they would discard their bottles and cans in the outhouse and then burn the rest of the trash?? Just curious, Rita
its a celler hole,i think i found a crapper spot near the celler "about 25feet away" from the celler/
the celler itself is loaded with bottles,jars,crocks and who knows what.its a touchy place to hit up due to the property owners...

take your time and dig carefully - there's a fortune waiting to be dug outta there!

that's one of the best finds I've seen in a LONG time!

need any help!? lol

hh and keep us posted,

lonewolfe

There is an old dump site behind my house....... I guess you all are going to make me go search it...... I like coins, not bottles. But there is soooooo much glass back there, maybe something worth while, huh?

So how do you get the bottle clean. I plucked a dozen or so a couple of years ago, but tossed em since I couldn't get them clean. I bet I let them soak in soapy water and even glass cleaner and ammonia, nothing would touch it. (I did have a dozen really old and smelly bottles when I was done!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back