litefire56 Bronze Member Joined May 14, 2008 Messages 1,547 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location Illinois Detector(s) used DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1 Mar 27, 2009 Thread Owner #1 Anybody know the history on these? The reverse is the same. Thought I was looking at at 2 Reales in the hole.....well, maybe next time. Attachments johnsnew 145.webp 43.2 KB · Views: 1,616
Anybody know the history on these? The reverse is the same. Thought I was looking at at 2 Reales in the hole.....well, maybe next time.
treasurefiend Gold Member Joined Mar 17, 2008 Messages 7,452 Reaction score 93 Golden Thread 0 Location Chicago IL Detector(s) used Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 28, 2009 #2 Still a cool find.
kimsdad Silver Member Joined Apr 17, 2008 Messages 4,693 Reaction score 24 Golden Thread 0 Location Moronica, northwest of Chicago. Detector(s) used E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star Mar 28, 2009 #3 Never seen one before, but nice find!! You sure have a way of finding tokens.
PBK Gold Member Joined May 25, 2005 Messages 6,381 Reaction score 273 Golden Thread 0 Mar 28, 2009 #4 I believe that this is a subscription promotion token issued by LOOK magazine, and is listed as such in Alpert & Elman's Tokens & Medals.
I believe that this is a subscription promotion token issued by LOOK magazine, and is listed as such in Alpert & Elman's Tokens & Medals.
DPBOB Silver Member Joined Apr 12, 2006 Messages 3,592 Reaction score 264 Golden Thread 0 Location DES PLAINES IL Detector(s) used AVATAR: MY Wife Saying.... "Your going Metal Detecting Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 28, 2009 #5 Look Magazine maybe ?? Different for sure ( PBK was posting as I was typing note the time)
PBK Gold Member Joined May 25, 2005 Messages 6,381 Reaction score 273 Golden Thread 0 Mar 28, 2009 #6 Nice work, DP Bob! Let's call it two-part harmony... or a photo finish!
DPBOB Silver Member Joined Apr 12, 2006 Messages 3,592 Reaction score 264 Golden Thread 0 Location DES PLAINES IL Detector(s) used AVATAR: MY Wife Saying.... "Your going Metal Detecting Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 28, 2009 #7 PBK said: Nice work, DP Bob! Let's call it two-part harmony... or a photo finish! Click to expand... I'm honored to have you say " Nice Work "
PBK said: Nice work, DP Bob! Let's call it two-part harmony... or a photo finish! Click to expand... I'm honored to have you say " Nice Work "
Clad 2 meet u Full Member Joined May 7, 2007 Messages 245 Reaction score 4 Golden Thread 0 Location Algonac Michigan Detector(s) used Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water) Mar 28, 2009 #8 I just found one of those myself here in Michigan. Since I don't have the tokens & medals book, what would be the age of the token?
I just found one of those myself here in Michigan. Since I don't have the tokens & medals book, what would be the age of the token?
Brett Bronze Member Joined May 8, 2008 Messages 1,591 Reaction score 1 Golden Thread 0 Location Montgomery, IL Detector(s) used Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1 Mar 28, 2009 #9 Cool Token!
mikewaz Bronze Member Joined May 9, 2008 Messages 1,606 Reaction score 4 Golden Thread 0 Location Chicago Detector(s) used Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75 Mar 31, 2009 #10 I've got an identical one I found in Michigan years ago. It's nice to finally know it's history. Mike
I've got an identical one I found in Michigan years ago. It's nice to finally know it's history. Mike