Looking for a good coin machine best for clay soil

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This tarheel soil is not giving deep coins up very easily with my ace 350 and was considering stepping up to a better machine. I have read good things about the teknetics t2 as far as depth. Has anyone here used it in red clay? Also there seem to be some variations of this detector.... if I was to get one from keelyco, would it be the latest version? Thanks in advance.
images

you need a good discrimanator ---clay (high iron soil) plays hell with most machines ....you need one that can cull out iron real well * to get around the clay ...a manual ground balance ability is a given / must have ability

high iron levels in clay soil can make it hard to get as deep as you want to as the iron will tend to seem like a wall of metal to your machine --unless of course you back off on the sensitivity level * which will limit how deep your signal will go ( dropping your sensitivy in some cases can help blot out the background iron in the soil...you lose a bit of depth but your machine will become usible --and the falsing will stop --only drop it until the falsing stops however no more than that ) . so what you need is a machine that culls iron very well to get around the clay soil without having to lower your sensitivity levels .. (thus yielding better depth --hopefully finding those deeper level silver coins you seek --with silver and copper being athe "high end" and iron at the low end of the detection scale -- you can easily up your disc level a fair bit to stop picking up most small iron -- big iron stuff will still ring up however..

Last edited:
Take a hard look at the Tesoro Vaquero. Manual ground balance, excellent discrimination, very fast recovery in highly mineralized red clay.

t2 would be fine, but if your wanting to penetrate that clay based subsoil and go where few others have, then its the xp deus hands down..That thing is a monster..

dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back