Looking for abandoned mines and gems in north carolin.

Inkfyuk

Jan 14, 2022
Hi I'm new to the site and to treasure hunting. Me and my buddy were looking around for some abandoned mines to sort through the rocks they cleared out , as well as to look for gems and maybe pan over the summer/spring break when classes don't get in the way. We were primarily looking in north carolina but also Virginia if it looks good. If anyone has any pointers or tips I would appreciate it. And if someone is feeling generous and wants to share something they don't want to get out pm me. Again it's just something to do over the summer and see what we can find. He and I both always wanted to go treasure hunting. Best wishes.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You might take a look at Forum: North Carolina and Forum: Virginia...

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Surf_Pirate

Life's Short - Dig Deep
Mar 31, 2013
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCOME :hello: But BEWARE ☠️ ....
Seriously go have fun but DO NOT enter those unauthorized mines. There are plenty of cool gold and gem mines to visit. Try Thermal City in Marion, opens in March.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! How much snow are you looking under today for all those rocks and gems?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I'm new to the site and to treasure hunting. Me and my buddy were looking around for some abandoned mines to sort through the rocks they cleared out , as well as to look for gems and maybe pan over the summer/spring break when classes don't get in the way. We were primarily looking in north carolina but also Virginia if it looks good. If anyone has any pointers or tips I would appreciate it. And if someone is feeling generous and wants to share something they don't want to get out pm me. Again it's just something to do over the summer and see what we can find. He and I both always wanted to go treasure hunting. Best wishes.
Welcome to TNet be careful when exploring old mines

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread