Looking for gast pca-10 for Third lung/hookah rebuild???

Sea'n88double

Greenie
Sep 19, 2012
Palm Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am rebuilding my brownies third lung. It is the old style belt drive with the T-80 on it. I want to go with a gast pca-10 or 263 as some people call it. I'm looking for a used one preferably. Anyone have one for sale? Also, looking to sell the t-80. Will try to load video of compressor running. If anyone is using a gast setup, please let me know how you like it and what HP motor you are using and how deep you can actually push it to. Or if anyone has anyother ideas as far as compressors go i'll deff. Appreciate all feedback. Thanks for your help! Good luck to all and god bless!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thomas never had anything to do with brownie junk as completely different as a knockoff. GAST has been the industry cadillac for at least 40 years I can attest to and nuttn' from nobody is even close for psi,cfm and reliability beyond reproach,and no I don't retail so my grubby paw ain't trying to mt your wallet as PRICEY-John

OP
OP
S

Sea'n88double

Greenie
Sep 19, 2012
Palm Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks for the info. Someone I know said they will pump For 3 divers at 70' as far as Thomas in a brownies, they were deff in the older brownies units. Brownies used the T-80 in their smaller rig and the gast pca10 in their bigger models. Although there's no info on these rigs off the Internet I have two pics of different pics of the models. Mine is obviously the one with the t-80. Black and red. Don't laugh that is an inner tube from a semi truck tire and webbing from weight belt material holding the platform to the tube lol it pumps descent to 60ft with two people but you're fighting for air the whole time. It has model numbers and even though the brownies shop "won't work on it" they do have t-80 compressors and gast compressors in stock for older units but at $1300 for a gay and 499$ for a t-80 hahaha they made me laugh when I heard this because ive already done my homework. I'm going to post pics in a few mintutes

OP
OP
S

Sea'n88double

Greenie
Sep 19, 2012
Palm Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
gggg.jpg

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh that Brownie-must apologize as a browne-actually brown- compressor was around for awhile and they all died a horrible death with a very short life. Brownies' 3rd Lung have been around for quite a while and great units. I am looking for a battery operated as the area I want to work allows NO COMBUSTION engines so all electric is horrendous to find as when found price is way outta reason. That 3 hp will easily power a righteous gast for all your needs. Again sorry for misunderstanding posts as missing info throws all off and laying on of hands and eyes most important-seen a electric one used??John

OP
OP
S

Sea'n88double

Greenie
Sep 19, 2012
Palm Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Right on. I don't think I like even thinking about an electric third lung so I don't know much about them. I've seen a few on Craigslist but that's about it. Don't know if there's anything good or bad to say about them. Just the idea of of relying on a battery is thought enough for me to strap my tanks on and suck the 14$ of air right out of them. Get a dual tank manifold and tank clamps... stay down long time

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try hauling a set of tanks 2 1/2 miles,portage through 2 sets of rapids for just a miniscule tank dive time. Thats why I need electric as opposed to tanks as my kayak easily holds any battery I need and much less hastle for much more time in comparison. Economic viability,quiet and no gas engines allowed are such are a massive part of the equation on this treasure hunt-thanx much for info and trying to help-John

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha treasure awaits,more than 2 lbs+++($45,000) left sitting these at seasons end when massive tailing pile backfilled the hole. Floated the river and still there as milk crate and tools just laying there within 8' right on bedrock absolutely full of uncovered nuggets,tailings pile has moved on down river,in 25' a water--I'll get it or die trying and that's what I live for. hahaha-no guts =no glory-----John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread