New Orleans Privateers

BUCCANEER

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2006
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270
My Name Is Britt ,

My family orginally ran moonshine from Alabama to New Orleans until it became legal to drink.

My grandma bought my first metal detector when I was 6 now I am 32 (I think) . I anint seen nothing about New Orleans on this site yet, which is a good thing I am guessin. I currently use a Fisher 1270 which works well. But any detector is just as good as another if its just sittin in a closet.

My detector and discreet missions has cost me a wife and 10 years of my life I cant get back. A saying that an old man told me was " If your already half across, it takes just as long to go either way " So with that in mind and my 28' trawl boat almost ready to be picked up, another winter of lost Privateer turned Pirate Booty awaits us.

We have dug and dug for days in. But at last we feel very confident that one of Jean Lafittes enimies may have left us clue. I know your probally waiting paitently for some jaw dropping details, but we crawl at night and hide in the light. Yeh I know some of you "get permission guys" AINT gonna like that that. But its simple . A game warden will watch you dig and dig and just wait till he thinks you got somthing and surprise , hands up - give it up!

Well I aint much for ramblin, but if anybody would care to discuss New Orleans hot spots, here I AM.

Britt

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Well Britt: With your Boat, Maybe these 2 Sites could pay off! Much HAS been found at both!
Isle Derniere: about 60 mi. SW of N.O.
Jefferson Island: A Salt Cone 8 mi. W of New Iberia.

HH Joe

BayouHunter

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2006
Where do you want to start? Lafitte was all over south LA, frequenting many islands from east of Barataria bay all the way to Galveston, TX and beyond. There have been coins found on Grande Terre near Grand Isle, and I'v read much about Pecan Island near Vermillion Bay. Also a few other islands near the coast. I don't know what you're referring to, nor do I want to get your "hot spot". But I am curious to what your referencing as far as Lafitte's enemies. Of all Pirates, little is known about his treasures. Again, Grande Terre at one time was a haven for gambling, prostitution, slave trading, etc... He set up his own small colony there, prior to Fort Livingston being built on the island. I've also heard many stories of Grand Isle holding treasure as well. Of course the Lafitte area and bayous nearby have been frequented by him as well. There are a few "indian" mounds & oyster islands so to speak, which were used by him & his people as well. Being native to the area, I have always been fascinated by Lafitte. When I used to work in the Houston & Galveston area, I stuck my nose in few places as well. I have a good bit of knowledge on the subject.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you guys know of any areas that you can hunt that does not require a boat? I am tired of finding clad , pull tabs, aluminum cans and such. I have only been MD'ing about a year now. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

LeJeuene

Bugeater

Greenie
Jun 7, 2008
I live in BR and ready to metal detect or go diving let me know

Attachments

• pirate.gif
    pirate.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 233

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread