- Joined
- Dec 6, 2010
- Messages
- 659
- Reaction score
- 892
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- SC Lowcountry
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher F75SE, Bandido II, Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB, Deus2, Manticore.
- Primary Interest:
- Shipwrecks
Hi;
I know that this is a handle to a lamp, but the "what is it" forum has a lot of knowledgeable sources and was hoping someone may shed some light on this (pun intended
):
I took the time to take a closer look at a lamp handle I found recently and I read the following on the disc...
Parker's Snow & Co Jan 14 1860
Doing a quick search on the internet I see the same company made an 1861 percussion musket. I don't see them listed in my copy of American Military Goods dealers. Rather unusual that a weapons maker would make lamps too. Unless the lamp was a civil war version of a night scope
Anyone have any info?
I know that this is a handle to a lamp, but the "what is it" forum has a lot of knowledgeable sources and was hoping someone may shed some light on this (pun intended
):I took the time to take a closer look at a lamp handle I found recently and I read the following on the disc...
Parker's Snow & Co Jan 14 1860
Doing a quick search on the internet I see the same company made an 1861 percussion musket. I don't see them listed in my copy of American Military Goods dealers. Rather unusual that a weapons maker would make lamps too. Unless the lamp was a civil war version of a night scope

Anyone have any info?

.







