Looking For Photos/Info about visible wrecks Quito Sueno/Bajo Nuevo/Seranilla banks

lukdiver

Dec 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're correct, despite being more popular for after the war the Liberty ships did see use: i.e. the Trebisjnica. Looking on net I see a site where they surveyed Hogsty (2 abovewater wrecks) and this is a image of the ship in 2011 and you can see the tri-expansion steam engine. Our pic would have been about 1985 20190608_202945.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dirkhartman

Greenie
Jun 3, 2019
Holland
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You're correct, despite being more popular for after the war the Liberty ships did see use: i.e. the Trebisjnica. Looking on net I see a site where they surveyed Hogsty (2 abovewater wrecks) and this is a image of the ship in 2011 and you can see the tri-expansion steam engine. Our pic would have been about 1985 View attachment 1720976
In 1985 She was looking much more pretty than now, Did you also climb on board?, Must have been really worth a visit at the time , After the war many liberty's were bought by greek shipowners even now there is still a Libertyship In Berth as a museum in Pireaus Greece.
Kind Regards Dirk

lukdiver

Dec 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't board: either too rough at time or anchor wasn't out to access. Worked for 15 yrs for the Port of San Francisco (piledriver/hardhat diver)and on same pier as the museum ship/tourist attraction 'Jeriamiah O'Brian'. Never aboard for when she got underway (1x per yr) but checked out engine-room whenever they steamed at dock. Pretty cool as I was a engineer in the US Coast Guard many yrs ago. Slightly different layout than the Jacob Luckenbach but used it to familiarize ourselves for diving her in 180' of water. We boarded a C-3 in the Mothball Fleet at Suisan City (part of group of commercial divers who Saturation dove the JL to remove part of the bunker C oil she was burping). There's plenty of these wrecks around the world leaking oil but cost are astronomical to remove oil. They burned thru $3mil+ and only got half on the JL.

OP
OP
D

Dirkhartman

Greenie
Jun 3, 2019
Holland
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Didn't board: either too rough at time or anchor wasn't out to access. Worked for 15 yrs for the Port of San Francisco (piledriver/hardhat diver)and on same pier as the museum ship/tourist attraction 'Jeriamiah O'Brian'. Never aboard for when she got underway (1x per yr) but checked out engine-room whenever they steamed at dock. Pretty cool as I was a engineer in the US Coast Guard many yrs ago. Slightly different layout than the Jacob Luckenbach but used it to familiarize ourselves for diving her in 180' of water. We boarded a C-3 in the Mothball Fleet at Suisan City (part of group of commercial divers who Saturation dove the JL to remove part of the bunker C oil she was burping). There's plenty of these wrecks around the world leaking oil but cost are astronomical to remove oil. They burned thru $3mil+ and only got half on the JL.
Yes you are correct those waves are too high i can see one smashing against the hull, The Jeriamiah O'Brian Is really a amazing piece of history and really wel preserved watched some vids of her Triple expansion Amazing to see it in use! But the grey paint scheme looks less nice to me it would have been more nice if they just painted her hull black and red and yellow masts (Merchant colours), Thats cool! How was the oil pumped out, must have been one hell of a job, Also very expensive !!, How was the wreck's condition underwater. Most/all of The Mothball fleet is gone in Suisun bay now sadly, Was Amazing to see al these old cargoships lying next to each other (Victory's Liberty's), One of my favorite looking of the liberty ships is the C2 S B1 she has really good looking lines
Best Regards Dirk

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an extensive collection of photographs of the invisible wrecks...

Shown here are 3 wrecks that have yet to be recovered from the 1715 fleet.

final-florida.jpg

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, these are not recovered yet...:tongue3:

Cheers and the best of luck in your endeavours!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch that coopers treasure show.that astronaut cooper saw wrecks wrecks from space in the 60's looking out a tiny window from his space capsule.

OP
OP
D

Dirkhartman

Greenie
Jun 3, 2019
Holland
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Watch that coopers treasure show.that astronaut cooper saw wrecks wrecks from space in the 60's looking out a tiny window from his space capsule.
Yes heard something about that too he had a space treasure map or something like that with some new wreck locations he used some type of space detecter but i am not really sure.. @Xaos I Finally understand your cynical joke thought you were talking about underwater wrecks showed some interest to be nice to you.. (could not load the picture because my conection was bad)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread