Looking to fix something that isn't broken!

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0039.JPGI don't have enough time to detect and I do get skunked but the deus has helped me find 20 silvers since February. I've been using 2 programs from the sabisch book and need advice. I primarily use the "high performance" and "trashy" programs and was wondering if there are any changes that should be made for 4.0 (or just in general) that anyone recommends.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
dang look at that silver :weee:

Congratulations on the silver! :occasion14:

Id change GB to "tracking" its so much better in 4.0

Id change GB to "tracking" its so much better in 4.0

Thanks for the tip. That's definitely a plus since I always forget to check it.

that's the program that I have used since the start of using the Deus. It's a beast and I find that I have to control it. it can be way too chatty or sensitive. I do use full tones tho. I sometimes have to lower sens to 86 or so... if it's still too chatty I lower the TX to 2, and sometimes raise the reactivity to 2 or even 2.5 and raise the silencer to 1. There aren't many places where I can run wide open like that. I thought that making those changes that I was losing depth but I am surprised how deep I still get and if things are chatty you're not going to hear those faint tones anyway.

I notice a lot of people use a Tx=3 and sensitivity=92+. I have never used Tx=3 and rarely run my sensitivity higher than 90. I think it calms the machine down more but still has great performance. I also recommend running full tones zero disc. This gives you the complete snapshot of whats going on in the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back