M mjb Mike Bronze Member Joined Feb 10, 2021 Messages 1,069 Reaction score 3,299 Golden Thread 0 Location southern mayland Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 2, 2021 #1 not sure about this found in colonial site think its a piece of lead got some letters stamped in it
Retired Sarge Silver Member Joined Feb 22, 2009 Messages 2,871 Reaction score 5,998 Golden Thread 0 Location Panama City Florida Primary Interest: Other May 2, 2021 #2 Lead bale seal. I don't know enough about them to ID the merchant etc, but we do have some quite knowledgeable members who can add more. ETA: I cropped your picture and rotated it to make it easier to read the letters and such. https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-att-us&source=android-browser&q=bale+seal Last edited: May 2, 2021 Upvote 0
Lead bale seal. I don't know enough about them to ID the merchant etc, but we do have some quite knowledgeable members who can add more. ETA: I cropped your picture and rotated it to make it easier to read the letters and such. https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-att-us&source=android-browser&q=bale+seal
CRUSADER Emerald Member Joined May 25, 2007 Messages 41,306 Reaction score 48,543 Golden Thread 27 Location ENGLAND 🥇 Banner finds 27 Detector(s) used XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 3, 2021 #3 It's a Lead Cloth Seal, rather than a bale or bag seal. Late 17th - mid 18th C. Upvote 0
M mjb Mike Bronze Member Joined Feb 10, 2021 Messages 1,069 Reaction score 3,299 Golden Thread 0 Location southern mayland Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 3, 2021 Thread Owner #4 thank you very interesting Upvote 0
M mjb Mike Bronze Member Joined Feb 10, 2021 Messages 1,069 Reaction score 3,299 Golden Thread 0 Location southern mayland Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 3, 2021 Thread Owner #5 it would be neat to find out were its from I would appreciate any help Upvote 0
CRUSADER Emerald Member Joined May 25, 2007 Messages 41,306 Reaction score 48,543 Golden Thread 27 Location ENGLAND 🥇 Banner finds 27 Detector(s) used XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 3, 2021 #6 mjb said: it would be neat to find out were its from I would appreciate any help Click to expand... of course but there are not enough letters to do a search, with what is visible, you would need to be an expert to get a full ID, or hours of trawling. Upvote 0
mjb said: it would be neat to find out were its from I would appreciate any help Click to expand... of course but there are not enough letters to do a search, with what is visible, you would need to be an expert to get a full ID, or hours of trawling.