Lost a permission today, but the silver streak still continues.....

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had a few hours this afternoon to hunt so I texted a lady to let her know we were wanting to hunt her lot.
We have perm to hunt there, but she wants to know when we go there, so I told her we would contact her each time before we went.
So I texted her and said we were thinking about going and wanted to make sure it was ok.
She called me back and said they caught someone else there without permission, and now they don't want anyone there anymore.
I guess theyre afraid others will see us, and think its ok to hunt this area without getting permission.
So I was nice. Killed her with kindness. And said I understand.
Went to another spot where I had good results in the past, and didn't have much luck.
So last 45 minutes of daylight we tried the hunted out school where I scored a silver rosie last time we went there.
2nd to last hole I dug a .925 sterling charm with a R on it. I rescanned the hole and then scanned the nearby area looking for the necklace or other charms. Got a choppy deep signal a couple feet away with the 9" coil. Was thinking maybe another silver charm, and out pops a 1942 merc.
So I think I know where I will be going tomorrow afternoon....:icon_scratch:
And so the silver streak continues...

Attachments

• DSC03158.JPG
    DSC03158.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Upvote 13

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaah! That's so frustrating getting punished for other people's lack of respect. Sorry to hear that, but glad you found some silver anyway.

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks J. It kinda bummed me out a bit, but at least we were able to hunt it a few times and make some decent finds.
Was fun while it lasted.
All I could do was be nice and hope she has a change of heart one day.
I wanted to say, well, that's ok, "Some people are funny, and now you're funny too"
[video=youtube;BXWvKDSwvls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BXWvKDSwvls[/video]

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't you just hate it that some yahoo decided to hunt without permission? :BangHead: This is not limited to your area. I ran into 2 older MDers here 2 weeks ago detecting the Catholic church property without permission. They certainly make it harder for the rest of us. Looks like you saved the day with those 2 silvers.:thumbsup:

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see your silver streak is continuing. On your permission lost,that happens too much when poachers see us hunting and go without asking first.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's that mentality again. With thinking like that, as soon as one driver rolls thru a stop sign, EVERYBODY has to stop driving!

I'd ask for a letter of permission from one who's given it. That way, if someone is stopped for hunting without permission, they can deal with criminal trespass. As long as you don't bring someone else in that they don't know, you should be good.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Others always gotta ruin a good thing, but you came out on top anyway!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer !!! As hard as it is to knock on doors and get proper permission nowadays, that sucks ! Sorry to hear that, I hope you get reinstated soon, or at least gain access to a new spot...ddf

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I first started detecting, I had a local farm in mind that goes back many generations. I went and asked the old fellow that lives there and he said he had no problem with it, but he had turned the farm over to his son. I thought I would get permission for sure because I work with the son's wife and we have always been friendly. When I talked to her, she informed me they wanted no one on the property because of neighbor's helping themselves to their land while riding horses without permission. She also said if they let me, another fellow at work ( he is a drunkard that lives nearby and not well liked ) would want to detect since his son has a detector. She apologized and I told her no hard feelings. It is their land and theirs only. I respect and understand their wishes but have heard many stories of land off limits to all because of the thoughtless actions and carelessness of a few.

money malcolm

Apr 5, 2015
Denver
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So what do you guys do if it is a vacant property and are unable to find owner, or get response from owner (owner out of state,etc). Is it ethical to proceed with detecting after that point, granted there is no no trespassing signs?

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So what do you guys do if it is a vacant property and are unable to find owner, or get response from owner (owner out of state,etc). Is it ethical to proceed with detecting after that point, granted there is no no trespassing signs?
You will probably get a lot of varied responses from that last question, but I say keep trying to contact the owner first. Otherwise you will be trespassing.
I suggest you goto city hall and look at the tax/land records to find who the owner is.
Most cities/counties have GIS mapping websites that will tell you who the owner is, the property boundaries, and the owners current mailing address.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, I've given some thought to this exact thing, about others "hoping on your permission". I always thought night hunting was just bad, and sneaky, but lately thought that if you have a GREAT site, and it is very "visible" then it just might be a good idea to night hunt it.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done BP. I like that little charm. GL&HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions