Lost or buried civil war gold or silver not far fetched

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saying that is easy, finding such well. Point is why wouldnot they bury or hide in those days. You might say never find anyhow, I’m saying wither it’s gold, silver, bank robbery monies it’s there where in the ground under a tree. I’m not interested in more stories, but what hope is there finding such history.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I,ve read on here and elsewhere,not a good chance of finding one of these.If I wanted to look I,d look,that,s the kind of guy I am.Don,t care what any body thinks,I,d just go ahead and look for it.But there,s probably not much chance of actually finding anything.If any one has ever found one I doubt they told the world so.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The older I get I don’t care either, I mean I’m not harming anyone. But just think the hobby we are in, we try to find lost or otherwise hidden stuff. We no that’s not fake or fiction. You no it doesn’t matter the amount that’s there, some people didn’t trust banks or heck maybe there wasn’t any. People hid stuff guarante it, maybe they didn’t tell family members either. Look I’m not trying to start up curiosity I’m saying it’s there and everywhere small amount, maybe silverware , etc. no map will tell you, so there are no stories either to follow, everyone dead. These are the random surprise finds that folks will make until the end of time, I hope I can find such items to and all of you. so yes it’s out there, good luck

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stories I believe are when someone knows a family member hid gold or silver and died before disclosing the location.
A guy I met years ago told me about a buddy's dad who died in a tractor accident but told his son he has hidden gold on the property. They looked everywhere in the house and I told him I would gladly try and find it outside and that I didn't want anything if I found it. They didn't take me up on the offer.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are plenty of Civil War treasure caches hidden, problem is they're now under Home Depot parking lots. I do recall the British recently finding a few years ago the body of Richard III under a parking lot.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are plenty of Civil War treasure caches hidden, problem is they're now under Home Depot parking lots. I do recall the British recently finding a few years ago the body of Richard III under a parking lot.
Also, there's Spanish treasure buried under the aisles inside Home Depot! This was a fun movie...

Make sure you see the ending of the movie!

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So we can’t recover the lost treasures in lake bottoms, ocean because of bureaucracy. Who determines such situations government again, they just in the way once again.

petejc

Jun 30, 2021
Harrisburg, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Eqinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my opinion but your chances of finding something like this is "Slim and None...and Slim just left the building..

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did people hide there significant, valuable items back then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread