What's new

Lost pennies....

cache finder

Full Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
245
Reaction score
133
Golden Thread
0
Location
SF Bay Area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So going thru some old archives I was reading a paper from the 1920's and it had an article on pennies lost in the USA every year, and was estimated at about 10 million of them!! That is quite a few pennies buried in the ground.
 
I never really thought of that, insane how many are lost considering that in the 1920's that the average mintage in that time was a little over 50 million
 
I never really thought of that, insane how many are lost considering that in the 1920's that the average mintage in that time was a little over 50 million

I know, when I read that I thought that was a large number to be lost, maybe they were just padding to make their story better?
 
Keep in mind that nobody was losing pulltabs then...
 
Keep in mind that nobody was losing pulltabs then...

Yup! I wish I could have metal detected back then, if it was possible lol! Way easier to find colonial artifacts with no pull tabs or modern trash that everyone just throws on the ground.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom