What's new

Lots of Eisenhower Dollars

Philmont_709n2

Full Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
161
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
I went to a bank today and they had a bunch of Eisenhower Dollars. Got $40 worth. Heres what I got:
10 X 1971
8 X 1971 D
5 X 1972
3 X 1972 D
1 X 1974
5 X 1974 D
4 X 1977
2 X 1977 D
2 X 1978

Are these worth anything? I can get alot more too.
 
Upvote 0
Check the fonts for Type 1 and Type 2. Type 1 are worth more than Type 2. Some people have had luck getting $1.25 each from their dealers. I keep them and use them for tips. The younger generation is bewildered by the hunk of metal.
 
I'm looking for one just to have for collecting purposes. I asked at the bank today but no luck.
 
You can get lucky and sell them double face to some collectors. Mostly there is a small premium on ebay in lots of 25 or more. Mind you it is small. May gain a few bucks after fees.

Golden Silver
 
Coin dealer in my area has a bin with Ikes selling at 1.25, 1.50, or 2.00 each.

When I asked him are these Ikes special?. He said, "NO. but some people like them and buy them"

Darth Walker
 
I take them when offered only because I got a 40% silver one this year. I got a Silver Eagle last year, and my son has gotten several Morgan and Peace dollars just asking for the big dollars.
I use the non silver Ikes for gas.
 
I always ask for big dollars and most of the time the answer is
"We just have the gold dollars". Here it is when I can say that Silver is more precious
than gold.

Darth Walker
 
i like the ike dollars. i get them whenever they are offered. i don't go out looking for them though.
 
The 1973 is the key date for Ikes.
 
TXTim said:
The 1973 is the key date for Ikes.

.............and the '77P was the lowest minted Ike that was intended for circulation
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom