What's new

Lots of flake tools

BobGuy

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
331
Reaction score
830
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was able to get access to a new creek that was loaded with flake tools. I found a couple of broke hoe's, I think. Do you think the flakes are actually finished tools, preforms, or just flakes? I can't tell and have been wrong in the past....

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • image-3617640052.webp
    image-3617640052.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 112
  • image-2310062999.webp
    image-2310062999.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1107230456.webp
    image-1107230456.webp
    51.8 KB · Views: 109
  • image-2868521943.webp
    image-2868521943.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 123
  • image-2378255369.webp
    image-2378255369.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 114
  • image-1988632205.webp
    image-1988632205.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0
How big are they? If they are decent size and show edge work on them Id call tools on them. Some might be reduction flakes
 
Here is another pic for reference. The hoe's are pretty big, the big one almost covers my hand. Many of the flakes are probably between 3 and 5 inches...
 

Attachments

  • image-1865689136.webp
    image-1865689136.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 100
They look like hand held scrapers/ knifes. Flat side being for the hand. I don't believe they are broken on accident. Nice finds
 
I'm surprised no one has jumped on this one yet. You should avoid keeping company with the broke hoes. The rest are really cool!
 
I'm just a bum who will take whatever company I can get! :)
 
Lol I hate a broke hoe sweet tools boss !!
 
I have a broke hoe that has been riding with me for months. No shame in it!

image-3606763326.webp



image-4065809990.webp



image-2135135352.webp

Nice creek finds!!
 
You just have to take what you can get!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom