What's new

Lots of tinklers, beads, etc.

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2008
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
1,235
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The iron trade spearhead is 9 1/4" long.
Part of a "Dogbone" silver cross & three tiny brass crosses found within a 10 foot area.
I strung the beads after finding them one at a time in a plowed field. Lots of lookin'! :tard:
HH! Dale
 

Attachments

  • 100_0054 -A.webp
    100_0054 -A.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,202
Upvote 0
Dale, This is an awesome display. Have you ever had it to a school, or shown it in a historical setting? 99.9% of all Americans....probably including native Americans, have no idea that these type of things ever exhisted.
You have done yourself proud, man......I just can't think of words to say to give an idea of what I feel when looking at your presentation case.

How far out of Iowa do you do your traveling/searching? I am from Oregon, just inside Hells Canyon......so have some Indian history around me.....Chief Joseph.
Living in S. Korea now, and hunting the hills and mts. here. Find some coins and artifacts, and never thought of putting a frame around any of them......but am thinking of doing it now.

Again, remarkable. hikeinmts aka Bill
 
Thanks for the nice comments, Bill!
Yes, these relics are displayed (and I give programs) several times a year for historical societies, schools, & our state historical museums. Have had Ioway Indians (from Oklahoma) attend some of these programs. It was a very moving experience when I presented each of the Ioway "tinklers" that their ancesters had made & worn. I certainly never expected the heart-felt responses I received from them!
I hope eventually the Ioway develop a Tribal Museum that I can donate my collection to as I certainly will never sell it!
Bill, all these finds are from Southern Iowa...although I would like to go hunting in Wisc. & Michigan!!
Good Luck in your hunting in Korea...I've been following your posts! :thumbsup:
Dale
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom