What's new

Love that little Bandido..

pinenut

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,026
Reaction score
1,368
Golden Thread
0
Location
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out for a couple hours in the forest with my favorite Bandido II micromax today..
Aside from the nearly constant 40 mph wind, I had a great time. Found two silver Rosies, three wheaties, a cool U.S. marked pocket knife, an interesting "Paula Says" Forest Service key fob (need to look this up!), couple of keys, a smashed booze (?) flask, TootsieToy car, and plenty of assorted junk.

IMG_0587.webp
IMG_0588.webp
IMG_0589.webp
IMG_0590.webp
IMG_0592.webp
IMG_0591.webp

Good spot; need to go back there. :sunny:
 
Very nice!!!
And let us know what that token means. Almost looks like a girl scout thing.
Definitely curious!!!
 
Nice haul Pinenut!
That "flask" could be part of zippo hand warmer.

Noah
 
So far, I don't see nothing online on that token.

I don't have a Bandido, but right now this ElDorado umax is my favorite. Why companies don't make something better instead of just throwing out something new escapes me. Obviously "better" is the operative word.

Tesoro's earlier lineup of Bandido and ElDorado puts the Vaquero and Outlaw to shame imho.
 
Last edited:
So far, I don't see nothing online on that token.

I don't have a Bandido, but right now this ElDorado umax is my favorite. Why companies don't make something better instead of just throwing out something new escapes me. Obviously "better" is the operative word.

Tesoro's earlier lineup of Bandido and ElDorado puts the Vaquero and Outlaw to shame imho.

That token-like thing is actually a key chain fob, but the chain was rusted away. I think the part I found is brass. Just need a new chain for it. Definitely Forest Service (her hat has their logo), but I haven't found any info on it yet. Found out the knife is Camilus, likely US Army or Marine issue.

While I still like Vaquero and Outlaw, I also think the older machine are nicer to use. My newer ones are a bit deeper running in good soil, but they lack the nicer target response, sound, and overall "feel" of the older Tesoros. That Bandido makes it easiest (for me) to pick coins out of trash. Mojave was a step in the right direction; it does seem to be an improved Compadre.
 
Pinenut, congratulations on mighty fine hunt. Yes indeed.
 
The U.S. pocket knife is an issued Demolitions knife. Primarily used by combat engineers and other troops that are trained in demolitions. Some units will issue them to the troops to put in survival kits.
 
I got a similar knife yrs ago at a garage sale. :)
 
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom