LR2000 question???

Colo_Lucas

Sep 22, 2011
Oahu
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So there i was bored at work so i decided to browse around the WWW and stumbled upon a fella selling gold claims. The claim in particular is listed for 10 G's, i wanted to try out the LR2000 but when i looked up the claim number i got the following statement. Just wondering if someone has come across this before and what it might mean to a person looking for a claim. Please keep in mind, this is the first time i've ever looked anything up with LR2000 but i've got a few years to play with it before i actually become serious about nailing down a claim. Thanks for any info you're able to provide.

Here's what the readout was from LR2000

NO WARRANTY IS MADE BY BLM FOR USE OF THE DATA FOR PURPOSES NOT INTENDED BY BLM
* DISCLOSURE * ALL INFORMATION RECEIVED IN THIS OFFICE MAY NOT YET BE LISTED ON THIS REPORT. NAMES AND ADDRESSES
ARE ENTERED AS THEY APPEAR ON THE LOCATION NOTICE OR ARE ABBREVIATED TO FIT LIMITED SPACE. THEREFORE THEY MAY
NOT APPEAR IN THE EXPECTED SEQUENCE. A BLANK LATEST ASSESSMENT YEAR IN THIS REPORT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN
ABANDONED CLAIM.

Upvote 0

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Colo_Lucas said:
So there i was bored at work so i decided to browse around the WWW and stumbled upon a fella selling gold claims. The claim in particular is listed for 10 G's, i wanted to try out the LR2000 but when i looked up the claim number i got the following statement. Just wondering if someone has come across this before and what it might mean to a person looking for a claim. Please keep in mind, this is the first time i've ever looked anything up with LR2000 but i've got a few years to play with it before i actually become serious about nailing down a claim. Thanks for any info you're able to provide.

Here's what the readout was from LR2000

NO WARRANTY IS MADE BY BLM FOR USE OF THE DATA FOR PURPOSES NOT INTENDED BY BLM
* DISCLOSURE * ALL INFORMATION RECEIVED IN THIS OFFICE MAY NOT YET BE LISTED ON THIS REPORT. NAMES AND ADDRESSES
ARE ENTERED AS THEY APPEAR ON THE LOCATION NOTICE OR ARE ABBREVIATED TO FIT LIMITED SPACE. THEREFORE THEY MAY
NOT APPEAR IN THE EXPECTED SEQUENCE. A BLANK LATEST ASSESSMENT YEAR IN THIS REPORT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN
ABANDONED CLAIM.

Find TimC on here and and pm him. I have talked to him on the phone. He makes it easy to understand and he's a real good person. Good luck. Personally I have never seen that come up on the lr2000.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like Mellow said, look up TimC. He knows about as much about the LR2000 page as the people who put it together! Yes. TTC

OP
OP
C

Colo_Lucas

Sep 22, 2011
Oahu
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after a bit more messing around with the searches on there, realized it's just the standard legal disclaimer mumbojumbo. Sorry for wasting the space guys!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its never a waste, keep the thread going with new info and let us know what you find. :)

I have yet to get deep into LR2000 but the more info out there about it, the better.

OP
OP
C

Colo_Lucas

Sep 22, 2011
Oahu
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its never a waste, keep the thread going with new info and let us know what you find. :)

I have yet to get deep into LR2000 but the more info out there about it, the better.

OK...So the main reason i was looking was to see what closed/abandoned claims were out there in my area of interest more specificly, what type placer or load. I'm currently in hawaii, but when i get back to the mainland i plan on filing a claim. So my line of thought was to maybe check the abandoned claims or maybe file a new claim near if it's worth the time and effort. I did also find that in the area i was looking, most of the claims closed in the late 70's-early 80's and there are not any that are open (that i could find).

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Extremely inaccurate--out of date--I have claims over 12 years old and still not there. ONLY a place to start,then feets on the ground as DISCOVERY IS MANDATORY and THEN County Recorders office is the holy grail as ALL starts,continues and finalized there. John

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will only speak of my brother, TimC, and his use of the LR2000 for AZ. He has filed claims in the area of Rich Hill, AZ and they appeared in the county recorder's office shortly afterward. Last year's re-writing of the fee system for claims has caused MANY people to give up claims in September. Those claims are already showing up on the LR2000 as delinquent. The county recorder's office is THE SOURCE for info. All commercial sellers of info get it from there. As far as AZ goes, the recorder's computer resources can be accessed from your home. EXACT same place.... LR2000. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread