What's new

LRP ground balance numbers.

dgerst

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
81
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Kansas
Detector(s) used
Multi Kruzer, Teknetics Patriot, Bandido II μMax, Tejon, Deeptech Vista Warrior, Treasure Baron Cointrax 2.2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have a chart or explanation of the Land Ranger Pro's GB numbers? I'm getting a balance in the low to mid 60's here in southern Kansas. Manual says it's preset to 82 in the C,J,and A modes. Just wondering what kind of numbers other areas of the country are getting.
 
I hunt in a 40 mile radius of home here in Ohio. My GB ranges from the mid 60's up to the high 80's depending on the location. I use ground grab on my F75LTD, never did a manual GB yet.
 
I always found ground balancing to not be that big of a deal in most soils. On the beach, and iron infested dirt, sure. In my area, GB is anywhere from 64-75. But my Quick Draw Pro can find most of what my LRP can find if I put the DD coil on it. GB might get me an inch (if I'm lucky) over C or J. Of course the LRPs AM kicks butt. GB and threshold are a great marriage. But since the LRP doesn't have a threshold tone, in my area I just run C or J and go.

Guess I'm getting lazy in my old age,:laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom