Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a site in my yard I’m working on, I’ve been digging test holes and it’s been more miss than hit, a little while back I dug one hole and found two bases. I dug a wider ring hoping to find the other halves but struck out. Today I decided to dig archaeological style by scraping layer after layer. I did this right next to the hole where I found the bases. After nearly 3 hours I had a whopping 4 flakes. I got frustrated after hitting bedrock and started scraping in the sides of my hole hoping to hit something still nothing. I decided I was beat and stood up and was just kind of walking around to stretch. Before I walked back to the house I kind of stood over the hole thinking I made a big mess for nothing and this is what I saw... I’ll finish my story in the next post if any of you want to play can you spot it
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1561162611.525327.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sure I missed it the first time when I found those two bases and the rain must have washed it off. It really turned my day on a dime. I’m pretty sure a drill isn’t dateable but I’ve found pieces suggesting an early archaic site. Any chance the drill is archaic?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1561162917.719808.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1561162934.086263.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1561162957.425839.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1561162971.044163.jpg

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find , funny how fast the hours of frustration and disappointment change instantly when you spot that gem ! Sweet drill I would think it’s archaic

OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in South east Kansas, I don’t know if that’s in ft ancient range or not but if it is I would finally get an id from something in my yard

ohp733

Oct 22, 2014
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites DFX, TRX, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How great is that, finding them in your own yard?! Cool drill!

OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How great is that, finding them in your own yard?! Cool drill!

My family owns some land here but nobody has lived in the area since my great grandpa, we rented the house to the people who farmed for us. The last guy built his own house a quarter mile away so mine sat empty until I moved in 5 years ago. now I’m a renter to the farm which most of my family are stock holders in.

So as much as I want to blow a giant hole in my yard and get to the goodies I can’t be too destructive otherwise I’ll hear it from my family. I have to look a little then fill in my holes and let the area recover. I love it here so I don’t want to step on any toes and get kicked out

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great looking point, but I was already impressed with the heart-shaped hole you dug.

OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha yeah it was a small test hole until I found the two bases, widened it hoping to find the other parts, came back dug next to it, joined the holes, then got frustrated and chipped away the sides hoping something would pop out. My little test hole go a little out of control I went back today dug out the rest and filled it in didn’t come up with much but this little broken tip
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1561255863.811560.jpg looks like a lance or knife... could have been a goodie.. I’ll never know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread