What's new

Luck, Faith, &Perseverance brought me "HOPE" at the beach today...silver ring

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Luck, Faith, &Perseverance brought me "HOPE" at the beach today...silver ring

Hi:hello:,

Too beautiful to stay indoors today, so after cooking up some golumpki ( stuffed cabbage..Hank's favorite), I headed out again.

High tide for most of the 3 hrs. detecting, so it was again dry sand hunting.

First item I found was a 4-leaf clover medallion inscribed with the word "FRIEND"...aluminum , I think.

After 3 hrs. of finding nothing extraordinary, I decided to head back to the car following the shoreline which by this time was level with the ocean floor.

Was swinging the coil as I was walking along ,and just before turning upwards to the slope I heard the nice high sound of silver , and pulled up a ring with "HOPE " engraving.

Here's some pics..


the "Farthing" medallion/key chain was found yesterday in dry sand hunt.

Thanks again for looking at my finds

Lorraine

DSCF3109.webp

DSCF3111.webp

DSCF3113.webp

DSCF3114.webp




This dish tastes better than it looks :laughing7:

DSCF3108.webp
 
Upvote 0
What time is dinner? Looks awesome.
 
Great finds again! !
Way to go
 
The silver ring is great, but dinner looks absolutely awesome. I have tried a few recipes for stuffed cabbage but just haven't found the right one yet. Yours looks like it would be delicious!
 
Awesome finds! Delicious eats!
 
Congrats on your hunt and the silver ring. I love cabbage rolls. My wife makes cabbage rolls stuffed with ground beef and rice and covers them with tomato sauce. What are those stuffed with?
 
Thanks, lookindown,

1/2 ground beef; 1/2 ground pork.

Lorraine






Congrats on your hunt and the silver ring. I love cabbage rolls. My wife makes cabbage rolls stuffed with ground beef and rice and covers them with tomato sauce. What are those stuffed with?
 
Nice finds on the silver and I hope you continue to find silver and gold, Lorraine. I got out 3 hours yesterday, but it was a bust finds wise, but did my head good. I went by the spot I really wanted to hunt and the water is down for the first time in two years, but I went to the river anyway. This is an isolated spot and I wasn't feeling the best in the world and wanted to be where some people were in case I needed some help. I found 6 cents in the water and one penny on the parking lot. The joy of getting out and doing some dirt fishing was beyond any price. Hope to hit my isolated spot Friday, but I sure need a wetsuit because the water was cold at the river, but it's icy cold at this spot. The water comes from a natural spring.
 
Hi L =) Think your farthing is a real coin if it is the correct size. Nice ring find it looks pretty ! And the cabbage dish looks tasty also !!
 
Very nice silver Hope ring! Dinner looks yummy!
 
Thanks Rusty,

I'll research it further; there are so many sites and so much info on this item that it is confusing to me

Lorraine


Very nice silver Hope ring! Dinner looks yummy!
 
Lorraine, I rented a wetsuit today and my brother and his wife picked it up for me since they were in the area. Sadly, they didn't get back to where I was until almost 6 pm and I couldn't use it today. Hopefully I can use it Saturday and Tuesday if I can leave Mama home alone. Heavy rain and possible storm Sunday afternoon and Monday and I'll take it back Wednesday.
Sure hope I find something worth posting at the two spots I hope to hit and they are both spring fed swimming areas and icy cold. Everything is ready and all I have to do is head out early in the morning. GL & HH.
 
send that golumpki down here Lorraine!! another good hunt for you!
 
fongu, so glad that you were able to get a wet suit; I wish you the best in the water with it; you have a few days to get those treasures before returning the suit.

Spring fed: sounds very refresihing; will be waiting for your posts of finds

Lorraine




Lorraine, I rented a wetsuit today and my brother and his wife picked it up for me since they were in the area. Sadly, they didn't get back to where I was until almost 6 pm and I couldn't use it today. Hopefully I can use it Saturday and Tuesday if I can leave Mama home alone. Heavy rain and possible storm Sunday afternoon and Monday and I'll take it back Wednesday.
Sure hope I find something worth posting at the two spots I hope to hit and they are both spring fed swimming areas and icy cold. Everything is ready and all I have to do is head out early in the morning. GL & HH.
 
Congrats Lorraine! Your just a silver pulling machine!
 
That HOPE ring looks great for supper I mean I'd like to get some of that golumpki
 
I didn't get to my spot until 2:30 pm and a large tree was blocking the access. So, I went the back way and fell down once getting in and twice getting out. I'm glad I had the wetsuit because the water was icy cold, but clearer than the river. The level of the water had come back up so high since the farmer leasing this property had quit using his irrigation outfit that I couldn't really hit the spot I intended and found nothing but shell casings and bullets. A local guy and his friends dredged this spot some time back and it was a bust. Slippery mud and the way I went in I had to crawl over large chunks of concrete and rebar and I tried going another way and bogged up in the mud. I went to the river and found 86 cents in clad and a broken copper bracelet, but I really enjoyed getting out. It's not about the finds or their value, but just getting out and having some time for myself. HH.


fongu, so glad that you were able to get a wet suit; I wish you the best in the water with it; you have a few days to get those treasures before returning the suit.

Spring fed: sounds very refresihing; will be waiting for your posts of finds

Lorraine
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom