What's new

Luck O the Irish! my 1st Silver Dollar!

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
1,861
Reaction score
83
Golden Thread
0
Location
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today my friend Ken and I went back to the place where I found my 1810 silver half. I found an old key and part of a button with a bee on it among the iron trash. Then we headed to the ruins of an old plantation house. I have been driving past this place on my way to and from work for 2 years and finally got permission to detect it. There was a lot of tin roof everywhere, constant signals from my Umax. I turned the disc all the way up to silver and finally got a signal at the base of an old oak tree. I dug down but could not locate the object. :icon_scratch: I barrowed my friends serrated hand digger and tried to get under a big root, I still could not see it. I called Ken over and with his MXT :help: he got a good signal so I kept at it. Finally we both saw the edge, it looked like the edge of a jar lid but once more dirt was moved we saw it was a silver coin!! :hello2: I pulled it out and we were both surprised to see the 1886 Morgan Silver dollar!!! :o Happy dance!!! it has the mint mark "O" on the back. I thought it was fake at first, cause I have never held one of these.

Saint Patrick was helping me today so I celebrated with Corned beef and cabbage, Irish soda bread and a Murphy's Stout for dinner!
Thanks St. Pat! :occasion14:
 

Attachments

  • march 2.webp
    march 2.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,148
  • march 1.webp
    march 1.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,134
  • march 5.webp
    march 5.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,146
  • march 3.webp
    march 3.webp
    26 KB · Views: 1,168
  • march 4.webp
    march 4.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,164
  • Joe.webp
    Joe.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 924
Upvote 0
Very Nice !!!! :headbang:
 
Is this banner worthy? :dontknow:
 
Congratulations! An awesome find! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
AWESOME DUDE!!!!!
 
Congrats. That is an awesome piece.
 
That's awesome, thanks for sharing! :icon_thumright:
 
SkyPilot,I found my first silver dollar back in 75,been lookin for one since!! Super find man!!!!!!! God Bless Chris
 
nice find! I also found one last week but yours is in much better shape.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 071.webp
    Picture 071.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,106
  • Picture 071.webp
    Picture 071.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,103
Beautiful coin! Nice find :)
 
What a find! congrats, I'm still waiting on my first Dollar coin :BangHead:
 
Nice find! I am still waiting to find my first silver dollar.
 
awesome silver dollar. congrats! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
:icon_thumright:

wow!!!! big silver! great find.
 
:icon_thumright:I know I would be celebrating very nice find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom