lucky find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks to jolly rogers.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well after trying a set of jolly Rogers and before using off the wall radio shack junk. I made a decent find.For the last 6 months I thought my mxt pro may have been sick for everything to quite.Something told me to try new headphones, man I hate to know how much I have missed because of this mistake.Man the pro was chattering more than the wife when I want to go detecting.Anyway pulled out of the ground 3 inches down a Pre Civil War B&O Railroad Screw Lock.I couldn't believe it.i live in Brunswick md and I have found a few things lots of lead, buttons and dropped bullets.I knew the lock right away for I had seen another on a different post. They bring a decent price and mine has a little rust on the chain but the cylinder is excellent and all I need to do is try and find the key.Maybe one of these days I will figure how to post pics but with t.b.i. there is a lot of jumping back and forth to get imformation correct to do so .Just tooo confusing.Everything I find I do not sell but try to imagine who was the last person to have it in hand and drop it.Anyway happy hunting to all and the weather is finally getting better and one more snow storm to get through and it will be smooth sailing.VANZUTPHEN

Upvote 1

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your lock!
I don't know how to post pics either, if you find out let me know!

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you figured out the problem sutphin. Time to go back and re-scan all those sites where you couldn't hear any signals. They'll be like brand sites for you.

OP
OP
S

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
metdet, and all detecting freinds.Everytime I used the pro it didn't seem to pick up anything unless close to the top of the ground.I had recently sent the mxt pro to Oregon for this problem and great as they are it was recalibrated.As soon as I got it back went detecting and same thing no chatter just a lot of deadzones.Where I detect there were a lot of camps and colonial homesite.Anyway when I tried the new headphones it sounded like a whole new experience.It makes me really wonder what I have missed and now get to go back and do it all over again.So anyone out there when your detector starts the deadzone theory and you have detector evauluated and nothing wrong man check dem headphones.Kinda thought I was loosing my hearing because its nothing wrong with it when the wife wants something done right away.Man when I zoomed in on the signal of the lock it was like sweet harps playing,well that what it was like to me.Cannot believe how this changed the whole game.Best of luck to all friends detecting and may you find an unexpected treasure like I did.VANZUTPHEN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread