What's new

Lucky Kid--Clovis find?

BJS in Iowa

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
89
Reaction score
71
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
People go their whole lives wishing to find one of these. It doesn't even say what the archeologist said about type but it looks like a clovis.

Virginia boy finds 10,000-year-old projectile point on beach on Jersey Shore - NY Daily News

article-arrow-0825.jpg
 
Upvote 0
really neat story ,i herd it was a million dollar find on a florida beach today though,thanks too mom.
 
Interesting find.

Given that sea levels between 13k and 10k years ago were 300 feet lower than they are today, one would think that there are probably more Clovis points offshore than there are on land.
 
Look what I found!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    184.8 KB · Views: 207
He needs to donate it to the GaRebel museum of artifacts located here in Southwest Georgia! :laughing7:
 
Is that Drew Carey's kid?
 
I just found a point right where the kid found his mine is smaller though. Princeton professor said the kids was jasper. What is jasper? Mines the same color.
 
Lets see it then.
 
I just found a point right where the kid found his mine is smaller though. Princeton professor said the kids was jasper. What is jasper? Mines the same color.

The jasper is yellowish brown. You can see it where there is a fresh nick on the lower edge, mid section, in this photo. The salt water created the black patina.....
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    61.4 KB · Views: 143
Looks like it found him! Great story.


Quote from the kid's mother:

"I think it's super cool that this happened," said Andrea Cordle. "But it's not ours. It's for everybody. My father-in-law died recently and he collected arrowheads and my husband thinks this was from his father. We know his father would have loved to see it. And from the bottom of my soul, I feel it's meant to be seen by everybody."

So maybe the kid's grandfather was trying to inspire the kid to collect
 
Quote from the kid's mother: "I think it's super cool that this happened," said Andrea Cordle. "But it's not ours. It's for everybody. My father-in-law died recently and he collected arrowheads and my husband thinks this was from his father. We know his father would have loved to see it. And from the bottom of my soul, I feel it's meant to be seen by everybody." So maybe the kid's grandfather was trying to inspire the kid to collect
I like this thanks for sharing something truly special !!!!
 
To Rock: I can't find the pic right now but I had already posted here. The name of the thread I posted it under is called. Not all treasure is metal.
 
lucky little turd:laughing7:If that wouldn't get someone hooked for life,I don't know what would.
 
I wander if he'd trade that Clovis for a 1995 tops baseball card set, two snow cones and a fireball?? I think I'll look for his e-mail address!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom