What's new

Lucky teller find: rileyboy

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
55
Golden Thread
0
Quick story...Didn't want to CRH today, so went to get a haircut. After looking clean and neat, I stopped at a McDonald's for a cup of coffee. Noticed a bank right next door, so decided to walk over and see if they had any halves. Small bank, only two tellers working. Asked for halves and the teller only had four loose ones. All clad. The other teller who was just coming on duty and was opening her drawer said she had four. She put up her tray and I almost passed out. There in the tray leaning on their side because there is no slot big enough were three "SILVER DOLLARS". She gave me the halves and the dollars. Well guess what....one half was a 1966 and the three silver dollars were a 1886-O Morgan, 1923 and 1935 Peace dollars. She said she got them in yesterday. Of course, I asked if the person brought in any other coins and she said. "no, that was it." Walked out with coins and coffee in hand and said to myself. "Now that was easy." What if I hadn't had stopped for that coffee. It's out there...Ya just gotta be lucky. Sorry no pix as the coins are a little toned and dark and my cellphone camera didn't pick them up well. Hope tthe rest of the month is this good!
rileyboy
 
Upvote 0
rileyboy,

Congrats on an amazing score -- you never cease to amaze me!!! :hello2: I would have had to be transported to a hospital after a find like that! :tongue3:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Now that is a great find! Congrats!! :hello2:

Who would be crazy enough to cash in 3 silver dollars for 3 dollar bills? ???
 
Sweet! That is the way to get it done! ;D
 
Syrys said:
Now that is a great find! Congrats!! :hello2:

Who would be crazy enough to cash in 3 silver dollars for 3 dollar bills? ???

LOL, good question Syrys but as I like to say, stupid, rather, --deleted-- people make the world go round! When it comes to CRH, we love it when people don't know what their coins are worth and turn them in for face value so collectors like us can buy them for face value!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Now that is an awesome find Rileyboy, you've got to love those kinds of surprises. :icon_thumleft: It's amazing what people are cashing in lately. You went from a Barber to a Morgan.
 
Just a side note here. In the last six or seven years that I have CRHed, I have only gotten four other silver dollars from tellers (two from one teller once and one each from other tellers mixed with Ike's) and today I got three. You just never know when you'll get lucky. BTW....my dog, "RILEY" was with me today! He's got the luck and today he got three McDonald's sugar cookies when I got back to the car.
rileyboy
 
wow!!!!!!!!!!! thats just simply amazing!!!!! i wish i could even find 1! heck, id settle for a 40% silver ike!!! keep it up and hh!
 
Rileyboy,

Way to go! It's not very common to get those silver dollars. Awesome cup of coffee for you :icon_thumleft:
 
Congrats rileyboy. I'm still looking for my first silver morgan or peace dollar in the wild.

HH

Nick
 
Now thats a triple-tail-wagger for sure!! :hello2:
 
Awesome score Rileyboy!!!! WTG!!!! :hello2:
 
Riley did you check your pantys to see if you sat on a leprechaun by chance? Haha
 
Great find RB. Had your lucky companion with you bringing you all the luck. Amazing what you can still find out there.
 
WTG, Riley!

It is a good thing I didn't find those, the tellers would have had to call an ambulance because I would have fainted right there!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom