Lunch Break hunt ~ three Mercury Dimes ~ UPDATE ~ one more Merc today

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hi everyone!

I sure haven't been out detecting as much as I'd like to lately ~ life can get busy sometimes!

But I did get out today during my lunch break. This E-Trac sure gets plenty of depth even when the ground is dry and hard! I dug three merc dimes and two wheats (plus a little bit of clad) in less than an hour! The dates on the Merc dimes are 1928, 1943, and 1944. The weird thing is . . . . all three are "P" mint! We usually get 'D' or 'S' mints here in Oregon! It's all good!

I took pic's of the coins before and after I cleaned 'em up. These are my silver coin finds #68, #69, and #70 for the year!

Thanks for looking!
Neil

UPDATE:
I went out detecting again after work and dug a low grade 1920 Merc dime. And, this one too is a "P" mint! I dug four "P" mint merc dimes today ~ WEIRD!! Silver #71 for the year.

Attachments

• June30-2010dirtycoins.jpg
    June30-2010dirtycoins.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 666
  • June30-2010cleancoins.jpg
    June30-2010cleancoins.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 667
  • June30-2010merc1920.jpg
    June30-2010merc1920.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0
Re: Lunch Break hunt ~ three Mercury Dimes ~ WOOHOO!!

JerV3 said:
Nice fiinds man.

I was wondering where you were hiding. Been way to hot her to hunt. Been out only once this month. I really take a break in June July and Aug here. Just way to hot. Ticks are really bad this yr here to. My youngest son got bit and got limes disease. He is fine but it is making me think twice about being in the woods this summer.

By the way you still got me by 7 silvers now on the yr. Hope to make a 100. That is about my avg pull. Have had slightly better yrs. And have had yrs when I only got about 80 silvers also. It is just hard to come by anymore.

HH Jer

Thanks man!

Yeah, haven't been out detecting nearly as much as I'd like to! But at least when I get out I manage to get a few goodies!

8^)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back