What's new

Lynchburg Virginia

bigscoop

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
14,653
Reaction score
9,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't see this posted in the past. Ran across this today while researching another subject, back in the early 1800's Lynchburg was the site of, and I'm quoting this, "an all night meteor shower". Anyone ever heard of this or checked it out? :read2:
 
There have been several. And it wasn't just in Lynchburg, VA. Sometimes hundreds or thousands of meteoric particles impact the earth, especially when the earth passes through a cometary tail. November 12-13, 1833, I believe. Apparently caused by the earth passing through the debris caused by a comet breaking up.

Sometimes meteors break up when 10-30 miles above the earth, resulting in multiple meteorite strikes. France had one I believe.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom