M6 "Beach" Mode - Wet, Dry or All Beach Conditions?

Berryman

May 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you hunt at the beach to you use the "Beach" mode for all your hunting or only on the wet sand? I've been advised to hunt the dry sand in the "On" mode and then switch to the "Beach" mode for the wet sand.

However, it seems to me that, because of the high salt content to be found at the beach (in both wet and dry sand), it makes more sense to hunt the beach in the "Beach" mode all of the time. What are your thoughts/recommendations

Upvote 0

Scottyboy

May 15, 2012
Northwest Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I, Whites Prizm III, Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher 1280-x, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cant speak for the M6 machine, as I have a v3i. That said, on the v3i, I only switch to salt compensate/salt soil type when faced with stability issues in the wet sand.

Basically, in my very limited experience, what I have noticed is switching these two settings "On".. they increases stability in the wet sand at the expense of a bit of depth.

I would imagine the M6 works in a similar fashion. If it is running stably in the dry sand with beach mode off, then that's probably the way to go, if you start to get a lot of false signals as you approach the wet sand, then flip it on.

Of course, I may be wrong and perhaps some of these more experienced detectorists can set us straight. Just giving you the lowdown based on my personal experience.

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't know about your M6, but my MXT is worthless in the wet sand. The beach mode will not help on wet sand on the MXT. It does help to stabilize the machine of the dry sand is a little damp underneath, but that's about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread