M6

K

kestrel0222

I have been reading a lot about the DFX, XLT, MXT, and Prizm line of detectors. What I have not read too much about is the M6, from the little that I have read, it sounds like a great machine. Are they’re many of you who own a M6? If so, how would you rate it as a coin & jewelry machine for fresh water beaches and local parks?

Thanks,

Tom

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Got a friend in Oregon with one and he loves it, but wishes it had selective notch, instead of progressive discrimination. Rumor has it a newer version of the M6 is due out soon.

Been considering one myself; hope you get some good replies.
Check the White's Forum here at TN.

Dick

OP
OP
K

kestrel0222

Dick,

Thanks for your reply!! I guess I'll wait to see when the new version comes out!!

It sure sounds like it is a good machine though.

HH,

Tom

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
When thinking about which detector would be my next "buy" "sell" victim i was a bit leary choosing an M6 with the dial discrimination but since using it and learning to focus on the 7 tone Id i wouldn't use notch much anyway because it separates and changes tones quickly even in heavy trash. Have found some good stuff listening to everything and digging the slightest tone differential which could be missed with notched segments.

I would perhaps buy a newer M6 based detector not based on notch option but perhaps the ability to switch frequencies and use the 6.59KHZ coils or have dual frequency option. Very rarely have to look at meter as the tones are good enough but like the depth readout.

As far as rating the M6 for parks, schools,fresh water beaches !! I now look for trashy sites with the M6 armed with a small coil and couldn't be happier ;D HH Bill

OP
OP
K

kestrel0222

Thanks Bill,

For BOTH replies ;D

HH,

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread