What's new

✅ SOLVED Mabye Silver?

midwaydigger

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2012
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Va
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 101
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this next to the front steps at a old house that had been tore down. I really dont know much about it but it is heavy and has rusty steel in the opening of it. I was thinking it might have been an old straight razor handle and possibly made of silver or lead?
 

Attachments

  • Snapshot_20120612.webp
    Snapshot_20120612.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Snapshot_20120612_4.webp
    Snapshot_20120612_4.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Snapshot_20120612_5.webp
    Snapshot_20120612_5.webp
    17 KB · Views: 108
  • Snapshot_20120612_11.webp
    Snapshot_20120612_11.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 107
So no ideas on what it is or what it is made of?
 
Upvote 0
Looks like the barrell from a toy cap gun.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like some kind of a design or something in the oval. Kinda like two kids, Or maybe I'm seeing things. Can you tell any of the detail?
 
Upvote 0
In the oval I thought it sorta looked like a man with a tophat on and the other design is a vine of some sort
 
Upvote 0
Its a knife handle :)
 
Upvote 0
That's what I was thinking...it feels and looks like silver if you scratch it a lil bit so I hope it is...thanks for all the replys
 
Upvote 0
Ive found alot of silver in the dirt, and it always comes up looking nice like silver. If I find silver at lowtides it comes up black most of the time (its the salt that turns silver black). That handle of some sort if it were silver it should look it since it was pulled from the dirt.
 
Upvote 0
The thing is the field where the house was is a hayfield now and they fertilize it every year so that would cause corrosion on it I'm thinking.
 
Upvote 0
Knife handle seems like a good guess.....
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom