Machined rolls that are searched and left in wrappers

CopperHoarder

Dec 23, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Don't use one yet.
Primary Interest:
Other
What kind of rolls are you checking? Like penny, nickel, dime, quarters, halves? Which 1 :p you might just be having bad luck unless it's pennies and your getting 0% copper lol

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
What kind of rolls are you checking? Like penny, nickel, dime, quarters, halves? Which 1 :p you might just be having bad luck unless it's pennies and your getting 0% copper lol

you prob took all them coppas out homie!

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does anybody get ticked off when you buy "machined rolled", and discover they have searched and re inserted......do you go ahead and search or just turn them back in....????
I am very unimpressed when I open a sealed box and find rewraps. But i do search them all, something could of been missed by the rewrapper, if not then it is just another skunk box. If it is not a sealed box and i did not order it and find rewraps I might just dump it but not in the condition i got it in, don't want to pass it on to another hunter or get it back again myself so in that case I'll empty the wraps, do a quick edge search then bag them for coin machine dumping. All others get rewrapped in new wrapper that I buy. Very few machines around here so I mostly dump in boxes. At least that's how it works for me with halves.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
A lot of people on here reroll their coins or some of them, I do this sometimes for qwick cash, I don't like when the processing companies bypass their hoppers and just send the boxes back out to us but , it is part of the game, we all get them. I use new wraps when i turn mine in. Now I will say this, yes, it does infuriate me when someone actually takes the extra time to try and roll the original wraps back down to make it purposely look like the box has not been searched to try and deceive the banks or the processing company. I just picked up earlier this week at one of my branches and the girl said she had an extra box that some brought back in, the story the guy gave her was he didn't have time to look through them and needed the money, I looked at the box with her and sure enough, he rerolled the edges back down nice and neat so as to deceive the bank teller. I showed her what he did and told her if he comes back with more just send them back with the coin carrier because I didn't want them. I prefer that when someone uses the original wraps that they just fold over the opened end and just mans up says that he is a searcher, the banks know we search these things, I mean how many boxes is this guy gonna bring back with this Same excuse. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread