Unable to open it as do not have key, key hole under brass plate on end, when brass plate is slid across to access hole a pointer marked a piece of paper visible through small window.
I am still not sure, but your discription makes me think it's part of a security guard tour clock system.
A guard would have to verify he wasn't sleeping on the job by using his key and a punch card to check in at each station throughout his shift.
I am still not sure, but your discription makes me think it's part of a security guard tour clock system.
A guard would have to verify he wasn't sleeping on the job by using his key and a punch card to check in at each station throughout his shift.
I dont know about anybody else but I had a hard time visualizing the size of this. I googled 10cm and that converts to less than 4 inches. 7.5 cm is less than 3. So its about 4" x 3" x 1" thick. Heck my celphone is almost 2 inches longer than that. I dont know why, but its sometimes hard to visualize the size without something in the photo as a reference.
Anything I find on Coventry Watch Company is old. It doesnt even look like an item thats 100 years old. Could it be a different Coventry Watch Company? Does anybody have a dateline for this company?
Is this item aluminum or steel? Is that the keyhole pictured?