What's new

Made a deal with the tellers

weighit

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
550
Reaction score
244
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I only have been buying boxes from this branch for the past 6 or 7 months. I get 1 box per week and have found the tellers really nice to deal with. Today while picking up my one box, I asked if they could look for certain older coins on their off time or not busy time as I would buy them. I said I only have been hunting halves, but if they found and saved for me 1964 or older dimes I would pay $1.25 each. 1964 or older Quarters $1.75 and 1942 - 1945 nickels 75 cents. You would have thought I was giving them a hundred dollar bill. They all said they could hunt for those and use the money to go to lunch, then the one girl said heck with lunch we can all go to dinner. They started right then to go through their change in the racks at each station. One girl found a 1958 Quarter and said with gusto I GOT ONE!! So I laid out the buck seventy five and she ran to the back to get a box for all the money I will end up giving them and marked the box, Dinner Money. It was Christmas Eve day and the bank was totally empty so we got to talk some. I think this might work out well for all of us. Today's box gave up 7 40%, 3 1964, 1 1952 Ben and 1 1942 Liberty. This branch is about a 24 mile drive to get to, but so far has been worth the drive.
 
Upvote 0
I predict this new found souce will dry up quickly as soon as the tellers find out what these coins are really worth. HH

FL Junkman
 
FL Junkman said:
I predict this new found souce will dry up quickly as soon as the tellers find out what these coins are really worth. HH

FL Junkman
Yeah, but wait 'till they find out that their local dealer pays even less.
 
Smart move. I always make good friends with tellers.
rileyboy
 
12.5x face? my local dealer is paying 19.0x face....you are a bit low if you ask me. 15.0x seems more fair....as the tellers are doing all the "work". Just my opinion.
 
Sounds like a good deal all around.

apush :read2:
 
great move! I hope they keep searching for you!..........and of course it is a fair price, the coins are not theirs to begin with, so it is a win win for them 100%
 
cdickrun64 said:
12.5x face? my local dealer is paying 19.0x face....you are a bit low if you ask me. 15.0x seems more fair....as the tellers are doing all the "work". Just my opinion.
Try 7X's on the quarters. HH Mark
 
For the past few months at least once a month I drop off something. Home made fudge then cookies and more cookies. Last month was 6 hot fudge sundaes from Dairy Queen just after lunch time. It is a small branch and all young ladies working there. I don't think they have a clue what coins are worth and for them it will be something they all can benefit from with out much effort. Will have to see how it goes when the next half dollar box comes in. I don't even have an account with them.
 
I gave the tellers at my dump bank a $10 Sonic gift card (Sonic is right across the street) for Christmas. They are much more pleasant when swapping out bags now. They still will not sell me the full bag, but they do let me swap out any silver I see through the clear bag.
 
Well, I use to flirt with the tellers and they would flirt back. :thumbsup:

Then I got Old. :(

Now they just think I am a dirty old man. :icon_scratch:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom