To start off your right Kep this is off topic but I'm sorry I couldn't help but "butt in if you will". Background is probably necessary, I was a union carpenter for 32 years, lived in a small town and knew if I was going to give my kids a better chance in life they needed a good education etc. Joined the union, worked my butt off and did just that. Sure I retired at 57 and get based all the time from others in the construction trade that claim they will have to work the rest of their lives because they choose a different road in life. Many forget what it was like or why the unions even came about. Many claim the unions are the fault of many issues today. I for one disagree but will not argue with those who have a different opinion. What I saw and continue to see is this. Union wages are a barometer for the wages of the non union around here. Simply question if it weren't for the unions what would the barometer be. I've heard all the talk about the bad things the unions do. Big foot maybe you could elaborate on these things to better understand your point. What I have seen over my career is three economic cycles and each time this union blame game seems to be the dominate argument for some. China can undermine and undercut our manufacturing, distributing etc. because they pay their workers squat. So to compete we should not have unions to demand good wages, benefits, and safe working environments? Or help set a living wage for those who choose a non union road but charge darn near what the union wage is (BF is your mechanic union $100/hr) Kinda high I think it's about $45 to $50 around me for independents.