Made it on ebays front page!

fishwhacker

Oct 21, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Made it on ebay's front page!

Hi guys.

Just wanted to share that an item I have for sale was selected for an ebay blog posting and is visible on their front page, how cool! It is rising at about a view per minute if not more. Up to around 2000 views and 120 watchers already! :hello2::hello2::hello2::headbang::headbang::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

Always have wanted to make it to their blog listing. Good hunting!

Largest Known Collection of White House Relic Bricks from Truman Reconstruction | eBay

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
So it's 25k for a pile of broken bricks and the plaque shown in the picture is not included in the sale but you will include copies of the letters ? And it's $1000 for shipping ? So what PROVES that you aren't just going around to demolition sites and picking up old bricks ? This isn't intended as bashing, just a legitimate question that anyone considering spending that much money should ask. You're keeping all of the original documentation and the government issued plaque if I'm reading this ad correctly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fishwhacker

Oct 21, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
It is the only know collection of this quantity of bricks... from the original construction of the White House. And yes, the plaque is included. I guess you haven't shipped over 100lbs of fragile antiques from Alaska via the only company that will guarantee things arrive as they left insured for five figures, it is pricey. And no, I am paying half of the actual shipping cost.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Good luck to you sir... It might help a little if you said in the ad that the plaque is included. I didn't see that in writing anywhere, in fact it read as if it was not included. I hope you understand where I'm coming from and take my comments as constructive. I'm sure you're an honest guy but for 25k your provenance should be ironclad. I recently sold a home in NH when I moved to Tennessee that was built in 1790. I had well over 1000 bricks stacked up from an original chimney that was replaced. Without the original paperwork that you have my bricks were identical in every way to the bricks you are selling. I sold them for $2 each to a landscaping guy. Now, mine of course, did not come from the White House. But... people have to take you at your word that yours did. It's not like an autograph or an old coin that can be certified by an expert as genuine. A brick is a brick.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fishwhacker

Oct 21, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Taken from the listing- "The lot also comes with one original authentication plate from the white house "Original White House material removed in 1950." One of the bricks also has a later, non W.H issued plate affixed to it."

Thanks for you wishes, I have sold these before and know their value. I know it seems crazy for that much money for bricks to the typical person, but they are well worth it. If you have any interest in the history I'd suggest researching the Truman Renovation, it's fascinating stuff.

OP
OP
F

fishwhacker

Oct 21, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I am honest and guarantee they are original bricks from the white house. The provenance is iron clad. No other lots of WH relics have ever had a shred of documentation and bring big money for individual pieces, I have letters from the WH, a shipping recipt, a press photo, and a local newspaper ad about them.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I missed that part about the plate. Still a bit confused but it's cool. I have to assume that since your ad says the 1400lbs of bricks came with only 1 plate that those other lots you sold already were sold without any proof other than photocopies of the documentation ? I'm simply amazed that people are that trusting. All the best with your sale.

OP
OP
F

fishwhacker

Oct 21, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
No worries. There were 1400lbs of bricks in the original order. I probably have close to 150 lbs or more in this lot and the other lot was smaller that sold for $15k to an important gentleman who was affiliated with business and politics, the rest were used building an entire fireplace and sold to the neighbor next door to the original owner along time ago I believe. I didn't know there were more bricks left at the time of the first sale, and sold the original documents, not copies, to that buyer. I would not be selling these if I wasn't 100% sure they were the real deal and had evidence to back it up. Thanks for looking!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread