XP Deus

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Jeff! Have to admit that it wasn't my idea though haha Saw it somewhere online a couple months back.

fireaero1

Jul 14, 2012
Gallitzin,pa
Detector(s) used
white eagle ll SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all: I use a ultraoptix 7x aspheric led lighted works great. So many to choose from. Tom in central pa

fireaero1

Jul 14, 2012
Gallitzin,pa
Detector(s) used
white eagle ll SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all: I use a ultraoptix 7x aspheric led lighted works great. So many to choose from. Tom in central pa

md_ben

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2016
Almost Western Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro, Coinmaster 6/DB
Primary Interest:
Other
I have 2 magnifiers that I got at almost the same time:
this one my wife got from some one she knew:
Waltex MP7562G High Power Complex Magnifier 5X - 12X Power - Multitools - Amazon.com

I ordered this one and it arrived just a day before my wife gave me her's:
http://www.amazon.com/Carson-Multi-...1457309189&sr=8-31&keywords=carson+magnifiers

They both work pretty well but the Carson has the edge when the light is dim since it has an led light. I find 5x - 10x is plenty for my coin viewing unless I need to see some real small detail [smaller than the mint letter]. I don't think I "need" a Celestron but the inner-geek in me says I want one. :D

Last edited:

kebo (scnative)

Mar 7, 2015
Lexington, SC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero; Tesoro Conquistador uMax; Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
Other
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned... there are a couple phone app's that can be downloaded for free and they use your phone's camera to zoom in on an object and display it on the LCD screen. It works amazingly well and you can really zoom in on something. I know they have these app's for droid phones, but I don't know about iphone's so I can't vouch for them. Otherwise, go to your nearest Harbor Freight and pick up a couple cheapy magnifiers (either lit or non-lit) and maybe a jewelers loupe to use at home.

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Legend, AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the Belomo 10X loup. Best kept secret in magnifiers. Very popular with geologists. Best loup I have ever used and I own a $100 Eisenbach 5X that is incredible but doesn't even touch the Belomo in terms of value. You can pick up the Belomo 10X on Amazon for around $30, you will not regret it. Cheers

Billv

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2016
Latham NY
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use an app on my samsung called optical reader. Get from galaxy aps

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harbor Freight has a set of Loupes for a few dollars Walmart has a lighted magnifying glass cheap. Amazon sells loups, I also have a 30x and a lighted 60x. Between all of them I can usually pull enough detail out to id even the most crispy of coins. The laser pointer idea is great and I cant wait to try it. I believe in back ups, and I have at least 2 of everything to some degree.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions