Major change to my claim

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got on google maps today and checked out my claim on the Klamath river, they updated there map of the area and wow has the river changed my claim, check out the 2 pics, one 1995 the other 2023. I see so many places to mine and also a major change there was a house above my claim which meant unless I had permission from them, I would have to access my claim threw extreme measures. Thanks to Land Matters I was able figure out what happened, the house is gone and the land has become N.S.F land so I can access my claim without out going threw private property. Question for you guys where would you guys start to mine on my claim ?

Attachments

• claim4.jpg
    claim4.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 33
  • claim5.jpg
    claim5.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 34
Upvote 0

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got on google maps today and checked out my claim on the Klamath river, they updated there map of the area and wow has the river changed my claim, check out the 2 pics, one 1995 the other 2023. I see so many places to mine and also a major change there was a house above my claim which meant unless I had permission from them, I would have to access my claim threw extreme measures. Thanks to Land Matters I was able figure out what happened, the house is gone and the land has become N.S.F land so I can access my claim without out going threw private property. Question for you guys where would you guys start to mine on my claim ?
Well unsure exactly where your claim is, but it’s pretty easy to see that bar on Google Earth. What is N.S.F ownership?

I expect the ground between the water level and the ordinary high water to potentially be currently covered in several inches of mud due to the environmental catastrophe occurring due to the dam(s) removal project that is ongoing.

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well unsure exactly where your claim is, but it’s pretty easy to see that bar on Google Earth. IWhat is N.S.F ownership?

I expect the ground between the water level and the ordinary high water to potentially be currently covered in several inches of mud due to the environmental catastrophe occurring due to the dam(s) removal project that is ongoing.
Taken upstream today by myself.
IMG_2710.jpeg

IMG_2711.jpeg

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are they clearing the channel?
Partly restoration efforts and partly trying to flush as much mud as possible down river during the higher spring flows. At this point it has killed nearly everything in the river (at least the upper portion of the river) due to the turbidity and extremely low dissolved oxygen levels so I think they are wanting to get rid of as much mud as possible since the damage has already been done.

I don’t want to sidetrack the original post. But I thought Ed might like to know what to expect if he’s going to make a trip there this summer.

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well unsure exactly where your claim is, but it’s pretty easy to see that bar on Google Earth. What is N.S.F ownership?

Sorry for the misspelling ,F.S land and if you didn't know that is where all claims are.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the misspelling ,F.S land and if you didn't know that is where all claims are.
Just didn’t know and thought I’d ask. I see now you flipped the last two letters around.

Sorry about the disappointing news. Things have changed a lot on the river this winter. Not sure how long it will take to erase the mud deposits.

One last piece of local information. The tribe has proposed to start the process of investigating the construction of a bridge from Hwy 96, across the river to access their land on the south side. It was proposed to be located 3/4 mile downstream from that location you posted a picture of, but I suspect they have not looked at feasibility and costs yet, so it could end up anywhere in that vicinity. I don’t know if it’s on your claim, but you play your cards right, you could end up with deep excavation spoils off bedrock if they build a multi-span bridge in the flood plain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread