What's new

Major head scratcher!!

Joined
Sep 18, 2011
Messages
338
Reaction score
175
Golden Thread
0
This is interesting. I'm guessing it's limestone, but has a graver tip. What do u think? Found in a farm in Iowa w/other tools....
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 92
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 85
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 88
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 93
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0
Over here in eastern South Dakota, I find many scrapers large and small with that same feature. Nice one!
 
Thanks. I can't quite figure if it is limestone or low grade chert. It has some crystalline features-albeit minimal.
any ideas?
 
I have no idea on material. There is such an assortment of materials available in this region it's really hard to say.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom