Make long term logarithmic silver chart?

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go out to Kitco. They have the actual historical data points that you can download. Google for "silver historical prices" and you should find the following site:

Historical Silver Data and Charts - London Fix

Look at the middle section which says "Yearly Silver Charts". Select the years you want and then click the "View Data" button. It will give you tabular data that you can use for plotting charts. Of special interest might be the monthly averages at the bottom of each year's chart. Plotting 12 points per year might be the way to go depending on what you are trying to do. Of course, they also have the yearly average and the daily values too.

Last edited:

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you need help putting the tabular data into a chart (use a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel), let me know and I'll drop it into a chart for you.

OP
OP
K

kenw232

Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you need help putting the tabular data into a chart (use a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel), let me know and I'll drop it into a chart for you.

Thanks, I wouldn't mind trying to make my own charts with the data. But when I click View Data I get an image of numbers. Thats useless, I would think it should give us a CSV file or something with data I could import into Excel or something. I can't do anything with a graphic of numbers.

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any chance you can highlight and select the numbers from the site, copy and paste into Excel?

I grab a lot of website data that way.

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TreasurePirate-I think he's looking for downloadable data. I think he meant useless as in he doesn't want to have to type it up.

I'll check it out and see if I can help

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasurePirate-I think he's looking for downloadable data. I think he meant useless as in he doesn't want to have to type it up.

I'll check it out and see if I can help

Salura: You are a better man than I am. When a new member comes in, asks for help, and then calls the help you give them "useless" I'm inclined not to bother helping them any more. I think he should be able to handle googling for "silver historical price data csv perth mint" on his own. If not, then I really don't care.

Last edited:

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol of course in a "better man" I'm a woman. J/k :)

I've learned to parse through people's words to get to the true meaning. Folks forget you can't hear tone and inflection in a post. 90% of communication is non-verbal, so text based communication lends itself to mid-communication. The younger generation seems to fall prey to this a lot.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol of course in a "better man" I'm a woman. J/k :)

I've learned to parse through people's words to get to the true meaning. Folks forget you can't hear tone and inflection in a post. 90% of communication is non-verbal, so text based communication lends itself to mid-communication. The younger generation seems to fall prey to this a lot.

There is a big difference between:

"Thanks for the link. Does anyone know of any other sites that might offer this information in CSV format?"

and

"That's useless, .... I can't do anything with a graphic of numbers."

But maybe I'm just turning into a crotchety old man. :thumbsup:

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol tact and diplomacy are gained with age and wisdom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread