Makes (Large) (S)Cents To Me!

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Great hour and a half of detecting tonight, with assist from Earthworks. Couldn't stay away from the old colonial site Earthworks and I detected over the weekend (each finding a colonial buckle then). I hit it about an hour or so before dark tonight. I dug my second good signal and WHAMMO...came up LARGE -- 1820 (happy dance) -- unfortunatley it's my photography and not Earthworks, though he stayed up and I emailed it to him to work on it (thanks for the effort). I put a damn shadow across the date on this photo, but it's in really nice shape. Then as I was leaving I gave myself one last dig on a good signal and it's basically dark out, I pull it out and see silver edge and I'm thinking, could it be my first seated coin (finally) -- it's about the right size. I decide to put it in water in the car and call Earthworks for the big drum roll moment. I get him on the phone, pull over the car and feel for the coin in the water...I feel that all the dirt is off it and I slide it into a napkin without looking. This is like 5 minutes after I've found it and it's taken everything not to look. I ask Earthworks "READY?!?!?!" -- yes through the phone...I open the napkin....D'OHHHH. Roosie -- 1960. Oh well, it's silver! Cool time and gotta love the large anytime.

Attachments

• largeone.jpg
    largeone.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 0
Bergie strikes again. Hmmmm...I wonder if a curse word came out of your mouth on the coppa recovery? hahaha I enjoyed the "Colonial Coin" video on YouTube. :D

Yeah, Kirk, it was along the lines of "F" Yeah!!!!! Coppa!!

Nice going on the biggie! And you brought home silver to boot. Way to go!

Nice larg cent!!! WTG

:o Nice LC Bergie, too bad about the Roosie though, but silver is silver after all. You had my heart skipping there for a bit. HH and good luck on finding that first seated coin your hunting.

Desertfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back