An old Little League Ball park gives up silver

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
During my stay in North West Indiana I have been hitting the parks, the beaches around Lake Michigan, etc. I had seen this ball park many times and decided to check it out. I took my trusty ace out and headed to the kiddy area. I looked at the sign and read that the park had been there since 1957. After digging numerous pennies, all memorials, I started getting a few dimes. Then I got a solid dollar hit at 6 inches. I figured it was nothing but digging there was easy so I went to town. I dug a small crater and at the bottom was a 1951 quarter. My second ever. I searched for another hour but didnt find any other silver. Ended up with over 50 coins in an area of about 20X30 feet. I am going to clean the area out with my 6X9 coil and then hit it with the 10X12 for a little more depth. The ace with the 6X9 coil is pretty good up to about 6 inches, so I am hoping that the 10X12 will go just a bit deeper and grab the rest of the loot. Thanks for reading. TMAN...

Upvote 0
Silver is always good...Glad you found it and think you found a nice place to hunt..HH and good luck.

Bring home the silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back