Making A Miller Table Using A Rubber Mat For The Surface

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As you can see I have taken a different approach in securing the 1/2" CPVC tubing by using a rubber grommet. Using a Unibit I was able to size the holes slightly small than the OD of the inner grove of the grommet this makes the ID of the grommet slight smaller. This allows the CPVC tube to be very tight within the grommet. The CPVC tubing is sealed and no chance of leaking around the grommets. The 1/8” holes are pointing downward and onto pad within the water box. I installed a top made from a 1/4" cutting board and angled so that the bottom of the front plate will be about 1/2” off of the easy liner for water to escape from under the plate through the Scotch Brite. Some of the photos you will see a ball valve but the finished Miller Table I used a needle and seat valve from Loew's of which will allow for finer adjustment and even out the water flow.

To finish off the Miller Table fine gold recovery system I built a PVC stand with stainless steel all-thread and wing nuts at each corner so I can adjust the level of the table. A 500 GPH 12 volt Attwood was used. I used PVC T fittings that snap over 3/4" PVC pipe so that I can tilt the front or the back of the table to adjust the angle.

Some of you are having trouble locating Easy Liner here is a link to all the vendors who may carry the product. Granted every store may or may not carry the product. EASY LINER VENDORS

This is what your looking for SOLID Solid Easy Liner® - Black | Duck® Brand EASY LINER

If you cannot find it in your area then buy it online from AMAZON

Duck Brand makes many different colors, textures, widths, and lengths of shelve liners, your looking for Easy Liner Ultra Fresh and currently its made in three colors of White, Tan, or Black. Below is what the texture looks like. The surface has a very slight texture to it, its solid and smooth.

EASY LINER.jpg

T225.jpg T224.jpg T223.jpg
T226.jpg T228.jpg T229.jpg
T227.jpg T231.jpg T232.jpg
T219.jpg T217.jpg T218.jpg
T233.jpg T220.jpg T221.jpg
T222.jpg T247.jpg T248.jpg
T250.jpg T251.jpg T265.jpg
T266.jpg T267.jpg T268.jpg

MAKE SURE ONCE ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO TO SWITCH OVER TO 720p TO VIEW THE VIDEOS IN HIGH DEF.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
first time commenting here. i am very impressed with your workmanship. well done az .i'm new to prospecting but have made my own recirc. sluise. now I guess it's time to try a miller table. got a feeling it's gonna look a lot like your's thanks for the pics and descriptions.again job well done!!

Chasindadream,

If you have any question feel free to ask. Inside the header box I installed an absorption pad that the spray bar sprays onto. This will allow for the water to be released onto the matting evenly. The spray of water hits along the red line. Good luck and like to see your finished Miller Table.

T245.jpg T246.jpg

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The table is complete. I should have the Latex tubing Monday and be running con. Will do a video of the table capturing fine gold. Using those snap-on tee fittings I made a raised stand to keep the pump above the bottom of the tub and to secure the pump so the entire Miller Table, Pump can be removed as one complete unit.

T247.jpg T248.jpg T250.jpg
T251.jpg T252.jpg T253.jpg

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Took some con and sized it as seen in the image below. Will setup the Miller Table this week and capture some video of just how well it does. I have sample con that passed through each of these sizes, 100, 70, 50, 30 mesh screens.

T254.jpg

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Actually AZViper Your quote below is the best part of your thread.
"If you have any question feel free to ask. Inside the header box I installed an absorption pad that the spray bar sprays onto. This will allow for the water to be released onto the matting evenly. The spray of water hits along the red line. Good luck and like to see your finished Miller Table."

I have a similar set up for my mini wave table. It produces an even, tranquil water flow far superior to anything else out there. Only difference is my wave table only needs a fraction of a miller tables water flow so my pad's holes are quite a bit smaller.

George

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Miller Table is completed and I hope to run some material in the morning. I would like to run the material today but I have a Tundra that needs brakes. Have already pulled the rotors and having the rotors turned. I really like the way the entire project turned out. The latex tubing was the ticket of having a soft pliable tubing that can take a radius bend and not kink.

T257.jpg T258.jpg T259.jpg T260.jpg

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wanted to see how well the Miller Table would hold onto the heavier gold as I may just use the table to capture all gold from my cons. As you can see the heavier gold stayed in place. The remaining con will be saved for future clean out for the ultra-fine gold running at a much slower water flow.

That dark black looking spot where I am placing the con is a flaw in the rubber of the color only. Did not notice this when installing the mat but it does not affect the capture of gold.

The key to capturing the gold is the water flow rate in relation to the amount of angle of the table. I started out at 8 degrees. The finer the gold the less angle of the table and slower water flow. The video was strictly to demonstrate the speed in which the table can be run at and still hold the gold. In the field I would be more incline to slow the water down and slightly less angle.

Last edited:

UTAvalanche

Oct 30, 2013
Utah
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does a great job of holding the gold doesn't it? Nice table.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does a great job of holding the gold doesn't it? Nice table.

Yep it does hold the gold. Now just need to run black sand con I have at a much slower water flow and recover the ultra-fine gold that most never recover.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow! Awesome! Even with the flow you had, the gold stuck like glue! Glad you explained the air bubbles!:laughing7: Can't wait for part two! Great job once again AZ!

Jeff everytime the bush enters the water air becomes trapped. So what looks like gold flowing downward is air bubbles. The matting holds the gold nicely even at the water flow I was using. I also need to mention I had used Jet Dry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That was 30 mesh that I had peppered with gold. Less of angle on the table and even more flow should get even bigger gold to stay put while washing away all other con. More testing is needed to find the limits of the table. Sure would be nice to have the table set up in the field and take the con from the trommel or drywasher classify it down and run it through the table and sweep into the GLORY HOLE... :thumbsup: Oh wait that's old man Hoffman's quote...

My snuffer bottle is not needed.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's kind of where I am at. If I see something big in the pan, I'll snuffer it, otherwise, just catch it at the table.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do think I am going to need to mod it to take a snuffer bottle in the corner, though. Way easier than breaking out the snuffer every other minute.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do think I am going to need to mod it to take a snuffer bottle in the corner, though. Way easier than breaking out the snuffer every other minute.

Just be careful is drilling the hole. I used a Unibit and I ended up with metal filings between the aluminum and the mat. I had to pull the mat off to clean the metal filings and reinstall the mat.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I didn't search the whole thread, what did you use to secure the top of the snuffer to the table?

UTAvalanche

Oct 30, 2013
Utah
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like it's working great! I don't know if you have run a big variety of materials yet but I would be interested in knowing if some materials on your mat reacts like it does on the Lowe's mat. I have found that some very fine black sand just glues down to the mat and even running a high volume of water will hardly move it. A friend brought over some iridescent mica looking material from a mine in Nevada that he had crushed mostly into fine powder. I put it on the table and the extremely tiny particles seemed to be glued to the mat. The +12 material moved on out but the -100 stuff and smaller wouldn't move. Even had a hard time brushing it off. The material seems to have a very strong attraction to some materials. Probably why it works so well with the gold.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is the second test running of my new Miller Table. The angle of the table was cut down to 5 degrees and the water flow rate was reduced to the point the water was at times not covering the table. During the video I was adjusting the angle and water flow trying to find that sweet spot. I am learning how to use the table as I go while capturing it on video. At the end there was some really small fine gold laying on the mate. I did find some very small fine gold about half way down the 36" table and this was due to adding to much con to quickly. Again its a learning experience in figuring out what works best for different size gold being captured.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread