What's new

Makro pinpointer Day 1

mtsheron

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2014
Messages
331
Reaction score
154
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Okay I had the chance to get the Makro own and dirty and was very pleased to say the least. I like the settings that allow you to dial down the sensitivity for sure. You can do audible and vibrate or one or the other! plus it has a built in LED light for low light or evening hunting for shining into dug holes.

Okay to the meat and potatos. I found when I would get a plug out I worked on sensitivity 4 setting. This was the most sensitive and would give me the hit if the target was still in the hole due to better penetration into the soil. As I dug more out of the hole I would dial down the setting two levels to see if I got a hit and if so I knew it was within 1" or so of being uncovered. In the highest sensitivity for folks to know the item could literally be another 3" deeper than your depth......that is just how sensitive this pointer can be. But it works to let you know the hole your in is right and not maybe a mis-hit of where you dug. Usually if I get that hit on highest sensitivity I immediately dial down to make it less sensitive so you have to be closer to the object for a hit.

So it performed as expected and made a much quicker recovery time than my Accufind pinpointer for sure. I really like this pointer and it is waterproof to 3' as well. So cleaning is easy......washed the entire unit off with a waterhose!

So this is $125 well spent!:laughing7:
 
Last edited:
I am seriously thinking of getting one and what you described is what I could use for sure.
 
I am seriously thinking of getting one and what you described is what I could use for sure.

Randy, once I got a hit with the detector and began digging this pinpointer I swear was quicker at locating the item than my other pinpointer. Albeit the Accufind is a low end pointer but this Makro and fact it is waterproof and submersible is/was really a no brainer for me! I think you would like it for sure.
 
Hello. I just joined this morning. I need help. I lost my wedding band 3 days ago. I was throwing dow wheat straw in the yard and my ring fell off due to I have lost some weight in my fingers. I need to hire a professional metal detector in my area of Cary, North Carolina or the Raleigh, NC area to find it. I have had it for 31 years and really need to find it. I rented a detector but it was old and cheap.
was not impressed. Can you reach out to me. Maybe there is a local club in my area. Thanks a bunch
Tim
 
Hello. I just joined this morning. I need help. I lost my wedding band 3 days ago. I was throwing dow wheat straw in the yard and my ring fell off due to I have lost some weight in my fingers. I need to hire a professional metal detector in my area of Cary, North Carolina or the Raleigh, NC area to find it. I have had it for 31 years and really need to find it. I rented a detector but it was old and cheap.
was not impressed. Can you reach out to me. Maybe there is a local club in my area. Thanks a bunch
Tim

Here is a club in Greensboro. They may have someone that can help you:

Old North State Detectorists
4407 Williamsburg Rd
Greensboro, NC 27410
336-855-7034
 
I really believe that if you have really learned your MD and what it is telling you, the plug that you dig should get you extremely close to the target to begin with. I am in no way criticizing any brand of PPs. Just saying that in my experience, I have recovered targets using everything from HF to Garrett PPs without having to dig out much extra dirt from the initial plug or even worse, enlarging the original hole to twice its size or more:violent1:. PPs do speed up the recovery process for sure but understanding your MD and being very good at pinpointing with it are the most important initial steps to a clean and expedient target recovery. This is of the utmost importance when having permission to hunt on well-manicured lawns/grounds. The PPs don't have much of a learning curve but most MDs do. While I can appreciate super-sensitive PPs, I am equally concerned that they are relied upon too much. I have seen youtube videos that support this. My motto is dig it right the first time or you won't be allowed back to hunt a second time.
 
Hello. I just joined this morning. I need help. I lost my wedding band 3 days ago. I was throwing dow wheat straw in the yard and my ring fell off due to I have lost some weight in my fingers. I need to hire a professional metal detector in my area of Cary, North Carolina or the Raleigh, NC area to find it. I have had it for 31 years and really need to find it. I rented a detector but it was old and cheap.
was not impressed. Can you reach out to me. Maybe there is a local club in my area. Thanks a bunch
Tim

Hello Tim....................I can assist you if you have not found it yet???? Just let me know.
 
I really believe that if you have really learned your MD and what it is telling you, the plug that you dig should get you extremely close to the target to begin with. I am in no way criticizing any brand of PPs. Just saying that in my experience, I have recovered targets using everything from HF to Garrett PPs without having to dig out much extra dirt from the initial plug or even worse, enlarging the original hole to twice its size or more:violent1:. PPs do speed up the recovery process for sure but understanding your MD and being very good at pinpointing with it are the most important initial steps to a clean and expedient target recovery. This is of the utmost importance when having permission to hunt on well-manicured lawns/grounds. The PPs don't have much of a learning curve but most MDs do. While I can appreciate super-sensitive PPs, I am equally concerned that they are relied upon too much. I have seen youtube videos that support this. My motto is dig it right the first time or you won't be allowed back to hunt a second time.

Purpose of post was not to be a debate of why to use or not......just to point out that this pointer is very versatile and worth the price point in the opinion of the OP. I do respect your right to choose to use one or not. It is a very subjective for sure like any hobby and the accessories that go with them. And yes I agree, if you are hunting permissable properties no matter your way you dig, be sure to replace where it does not look like a band of gophers have been.:thumbsup:
 
Yes i am thinking of getting a MAKRO pin pointers do make recovery faster …. For at times the coin looks like a clump of dirt so i run the pointer and there it was right in front of me and i did not see it but the pointer did...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom