What's new

Makro pinpointer

mtsheron

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2014
Messages
331
Reaction score
154
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Who has the best deal on the new Makro Pinpointer?
 
Not sure, but my first call would be to Bart @BigBoysHobbies.
GL
Peace
 
Thanks for the link. I was able before seeing that find a metal detector dealer in N. Georgia with expedited shipping to me for $125 which seems to be the going rate for these right now. So it will get to me quicker than other sources.
 
Makro came in and it is rather a beefy pinpointer for sure. I like the workings and the vibration is very felt and the audible signal can be heard even with full headset on. I like the way and ease the two tip covers interchange. Very quick with a positive snap. The LED light is a nice feature but wish the light had a button on the side of the main body rather than the rear of the unit.

Sensitivity wise as compared to my Accufind it is more sensitive and alerts within about 1.5" further away than the Accufind. Not a bad thing but I would not want it to alert any further away for sure. I like the fact you can switch from audible/vibrate to also either just vibrate or just audible. Now you can adjust sensitivity in 4 settings. The highest sensitivity will yield about a 3" distance from object alert while the lowest sensitivity setting you have to be about 1" to the object to get an alert.

Now to the field this weekend to put it through the paces to see how real world it will work for me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom