Man Of Steel and some silver

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Happy weekend to all!

Well, the finding gold streak is over, but it was great while it lasted. 13 times out in a row finding at least one piece of gold, from April 21st to June 2nd. In fact, I found no jewelry keepers yesterday, but I am not complaining as I have been extemely fortunate this season so far. Oh well, there's always "tomorrow"... I like to think positive!

I hit three schoolyards in a rich area I have never searched north of Detroit. It's an older part of town and there are still 7 more schools there to plunder...we'll see. No jewelry keepers but I did manage 3 silver coins. More on that later.

The woodchips at these school were old which in my experience, means the finds are less. I think things are lost a lot more in the fresh woodchips. If something is dropped, it disappears and is not picked back up by someone, but in these type of old woodchip areas, things can be seen on top easier and retrieved. The first two schools I hit were pretty thin and the last one had a larger amount of items. While I was at the last one searching the play areas, it was pee wee baseball time and at 9am people started rolling in. Pretty soon there were hundreds of people there and 4 games were being played. It was very entertaining watching them. ;D
So, because there so many people there, I got out of the play areas because there were kids playing on the play structures. There was a soccer field there too, so I went there and scanned the sideline/spectator areas hoping for some nice finds. While there, I hit a vein of older coins, a lot of 1960's clad and two wheaties, in about a 20 foot area. The old Garrett still can find the older deeper coins. I got a very faint signal, dug it, and out popped two silver Roseys. A 1952 and a 1953D. That made my day. I also found a Swiss 1944 1 Franc coin in the woodchips earlier and it's silver too. I also found a nice religious medalian. That was it for keepers today, I'll take it! ;D Other cool finds were two $2 Canadian coins, a ton of quarters including a streak of 15 quaters in a row dug at the third school by the swings. It was so cool, they just kept coming, one after another, then finally a penny popped out. I also got some trinket jewelry, a bracelet, a ring (#51 for the year), and some others.

It was a fun day, beautiful weather and I was happy to be out searching. Life is good!! I found some large junk items, a school stapler, broken eye glasses, a spoon, and a Superman Toy , the "Man Of Steel", and he has steel in him too as I dug him from 3 inches down next to the swings. My totals for the day were 4- 1/2 hours search time, $14.65 in clad and exactly 100 coins.

Here's some photos of todays finds. Thanks for reading and best of luck to you all out there! HH!

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• June 9 T.jpg
    June 9 T.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 537
  • June 9 F.jpg
    June 9 F.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 546
  • Stuff.jpg
    Stuff.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 539
Upvote 0

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Way to go big guy! I love it when those quarters pop up like that, it makes the total build up faster. I simply must go to some richer areas, my clad total is never over $5 or $6 bucks tops. :-[ I think I've only found 10 rings (only one of which is any good). The west side of the state must have a higher unemployment than your area thus limiting what people can lose. I'm hoping that once the tourists start hitting the beaches that they bring all their best jewelry and largest coins...LOL ;D ;D

I know that I'll be reading this forum next week and there you will be with more gold and silver...you are an inspiration! I don't have to tell you to keep digging, I know you will!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Bdoo, you make the best of your hunts! HH, Mike

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey BDoo, I was awaiting your post since I knew you took advantage of this gorgeous weekend...I knew you'd come across some more good stuff!

This weekend the schools here yielded clad and nothing else..I swear I'm running out of places to search within 10 miles of home..looks like I'll be going farther out until the schools get "re-stocked"!

As you say, life is good just to be out searching. I come home and soak my 46-year-old bones in a hot tub so that's my reward for all the work..it really helps.

It's nice of you to get out of the play area when you see kids coming, I do that as well..some of the more shy little ones who come by after seeing me there are hesitant to get close, so that's why I find another area to swing the coil...it's their playground and their summer vacation after all, just like it was for us when we were their age.

Be sure to get to the middle of those fields as well as the spectator perimeters, there's so much there as well..a soccer field near my house had so much money in it over the years..I know I found at least $100 in quarters since I started searching it.

Nice going on the silvers, I found 2 silver Roosies yesterday also, both 1964s.

Nat

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDoo,
Congrats on the Roseys! A lot of cool finds you got there. I love looking at your posts!
Who loses a friggin' stapler? Maybe the teacher chucked it at one of her students? :o
Ridley & I hit some playgrounds today. I was swarmed by about 10 kids picking up every coin I would find in the wood chips. Ridley was off in the distance detecting on a hill, and laughing at me. I soon had to point towards Ridley and say "you kids should go see what he is finding. He gets all of the good stuff."
I tell ya, it was like a pack of wolves heading for a carcass. I was laughing my butt off. ;D
Ahhhh, ya gotta love those tot lots. ;D
Great job BDoo.
-MM-

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Prober said:
Way to go big guy! I love it when those quarters pop up like that, it makes the total build up faster. I simply must go to some richer areas, my clad total is never over $5 or $6 bucks tops. :-[ I think I've only found 10 rings (only one of which is any good). The west side of the state must have a higher unemployment than your area thus limiting what people can lose. I'm hoping that once the tourists start hitting the beaches that they bring all their best jewelry and largest coins...LOL ;D ;D

I know that I'll be reading this forum next week and there you will be with more gold and silver...you are an inspiration! I don't have to tell you to keep digging, I know you will!

Thanks for stopping Bob!! You always are here to encourage and support me and that's appreciated my friend!! Big Smiles!!

BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Digginman said:
Another good day for you, dude. I did OK, but not as good as you.

Congrats.

DM

It was sure a great morning to be out there and all the finds make it that much better. Thanks buddy!!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Bavaria Mike said:
Nice finds Bdoo, you make the best of your hunts! HH, Mike

Hiya Mike, thanks for noticing buddy!! Appreciate the read and comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Natman said:
Hey BDoo, I was awaiting your post since I knew you took advantage of this gorgeous weekend...I knew you'd come across some more good stuff!

This weekend the schools here yielded clad and nothing else..I swear I'm running out of places to search within 10 miles of home..looks like I'll be going farther out until the schools get "re-stocked"!

As you say, life is good just to be out searching. I come home and soak my 46-year-old bones in a hot tub so that's my reward for all the work..it really helps.

It's nice of you to get out of the play area when you see kids coming, I do that as well..some of the more shy little ones who come by after seeing me there are hesitant to get close, so that's why I find another area to swing the coil...it's their playground and their summer vacation after all, just like it was for us when we were their age.

Be sure to get to the middle of those fields as well as the spectator perimeters, there's so much there as well..a soccer field near my house had so much money in it over the years..I know I found at least $100 in quarters since I started searching it.

Nice going on the silvers, I found 2 silver Roosies yesterday also, both 1964s.

Nat

Hi Nat!!

I did have two boys watching me search over by the soccer field. They were nice and very respectful so I talked to them and let them hold my finds for me while they were there. That was fun. I dig with an army bayonette so with all the kids running around in the play areas, I was afraid one of them would run into my knife accidently, so I had to get out of there, too stressful.

Thanks for always coming araound and leaving the supportive comments, I enjoy them!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
ModernMiner said:
BDoo,
Congrats on the Roseys! A lot of cool finds you got there. I love looking at your posts!
Who loses a friggin' stapler? Maybe the teacher chucked it at one of her students? :o
Ridley & I hit some playgrounds today. I was swarmed by about 10 kids picking up every coin I would find in the wood chips. Ridley was off in the distance detecting on a hill, and laughing at me. I soon had to point towards Ridley and say "you kids should go see what he is finding. He gets all of the good stuff."
I tell ya, it was like a pack of wolves heading for a carcass. I was laughing my butt off. ;D
Ahhhh, ya gotta love those tot lots. ;D
Great job BDoo.
-MM-

You two crack me up buddy, thanks for the laughs and smiles!
I guess we never know what we are going to dig next, especially , like me, when we dig everything. Thanks for the friendly comment MM!!

Smiles!
BDoo

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Great Finds! By looks of your post, you must be like me, can't work a real job, too busy detecting. Keep up the good luck!

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Right On! As always you produce the goods-Thanks for the cool post-J

R

RUDY2003

Cool story Boo. I'd like to find a vein of quarters like you....
Keep safe...

tenbears

Mar 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II,ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you must have a big S on your chest! nice finds ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread