Yes TreasurePirate (now officially known as Bradley), I too believe that when silver and gold topped in 2011 it was manipulation going "in the opposite direction".
I would never want to put words in your mouth my friend.
Jim
It's called "tongue in cheek".
I also said: 'Wonder why it went up so much today? Couldn't it be manipulation to the upside? If I found that my belief system required that I only acknowledge manipulation in one direction I think I'd start to wonder if my belief system was correct. "
Can you not hear that sarcasm? I think you did at the time. How convenient it is for you to ignore that now. My point was clearly that people always only scream manipulation when the price is going down. I was poking fun at this belief.
I have also said in the past that: (paraphrasing)
I believe manipulation occurs. Why? Because people are always trying to manipulate the price both ways. Some push it up, some push it down. It isn't a question of whether or not manipulation occurs. It is a question of to what extent and in what direction. If I told you that a group of people had managed to "manipulate" the price down by 10 cents an ounce you would reply "so what?". But that would be "proof" of manipulation right? Anyone can scream "manipulation". The question is "how much" and does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? If you believe the price of silver should be $100 but it is only $18 and the only answer you have for that is "manipulation", then you'd better be able to logically show that the manipulation you believe exists could really be of that magnitude. If not, then you are likely wrong in your beliefs.
Have I said things in the past that were wrong? Absolutely! Will I say more things in the future that are wrong? Absolutely! But I will always listen to logic so that I can learn as much as I can. And if that logic tells me that my world view is wrong, I'll try to figure out why.
You need to really stop trying to fit me into a box. If you truly want to understand what I'm saying then you need to get rid of your preconceived notions and really start listening. This nonsense of taking everything I say, twisting it to try and discredit me, and then backtracking or doing more twisting when I correct your mistake is really getting old.
The big question in my mind is why do you insist on trying to discredit me? Why are you the only one out here who consistently runs into these conversations and get all confrontational? Marchas doesn't do it... Jeff doesn't do it. No one else does it. You made a comment in another thread saying that you didn't understand why I was picking on YOU. Well, I wasn't. It just so happens that you were the only one who insisted on debating the issue to the point where it got out of hand. No one else was doing that. Just you.
So why do my beliefs bother you so much? I have a suspicion. But you should look in the mirror and ask yourself this question. Is it frustration? Is it fear? Do you just not like me personally? Does my message make you uncomfortable?
Whether you realize it or not, my post in that other thread was not aimed at you. I was not "picking on you". But you came in and started trying to discredit me. And this lame attempt in this thread is proof positive that you are picking on ME and not the other way around. That's ok, I can take it, but don't sit here and play all innocent when you clearly went out of your way in both cases to be confrontational when no one else was. The proof is in the threads. Go back and read it with an open mind.....