What's new

Mano or?

sweetmimzim3

Full Member
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
163
Reaction score
155
Golden Thread
0
Location
Webster Co. Missouri
I found this rock in our field of dreams or one mile field as others call it. The field is a huge manufacturing site that has tons of material and points. I am wondering if this is a Mano, rock or other tool? Thanks
artifact4.webpartifact3.webpartifact2.webpartifact.webp
 
Upvote 0
This rock is baby butt smooth on the top and in a circle on the bottom. The edges are porous and pitted. I do understand the rivers/streams can cause smoothing. The shape resembles many Manos I have seen in my Google search. The area I found this item had no river rocks either. Thanks
 
Definite looking Mano, Super find!
 
Very Neat Mano...Try to find the grinding rock. They are often the same type of rock and would then be a "set".

MinerGirl
 
I wanted to search that same area yesterday, but there was a strong presence of a skunk close by. I am heading there this morning, hoping Mr. Stinky has moved on :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom